walk-forward optimization software?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by headcutter, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Roscoe

Roscoe

No question, the support I have received (and continue to receive) has been first-class in every respect.

As to achievement, I am now doing stuff I could only dream about with TradeStation.

#11     Sep 17, 2003
  2. PowerST:
    I don't think you are listening. I posted because after going to your site, I found that most of the information is " currently withheld from the public". In fact "Roscoe" has simply posted a number of claims that are as yet, unverified. Non of us at ET have heard of you and this is your first and only post! Your product costs $2500 and in contrast to your (and "Roscoe's") claims about customer service, you indicate at your site that in future, customer support will require an extra charge. So lets cut the bull. Lets see if you can walk the walk. I would be glad to review your product. I'm a futures trader specializing in the Emini. I have traded many other markets, outcry and electronic. If your staff can put me into a position where I can 1. use the product effectively, 2. improve my P & L, and 3. the product is conceptually strong (that means the concept is rigorous) then I can certainly afford it. Just be aware that I intend to post to ET regularly so that my experience will be in the public domain. Okay boys, the ball is in your court. Steve46

#12     Sep 17, 2003
  3. PowerST

PowerST

Roscoe is a paying customer who purchased the PowerST product and has been using it as a customer for over a year. I view the opinion of someone who has actually chosen to purchase the product, and is actually choosing to continue to use the product in preference to all other alternatives, to carry more weight than a review.

You seem to not believe that Roscoe is a real person. Think about if I gave you a review copy as you request. Then you start your reviews, and someone else is going to post that you are a fake person created by the vendor as a big scam to spam the product.

People can be so skeptical! Yes, that was my first post ever. I sometimes browse Elite Trader but have never posted before. I just signed up today because I found out PowerST was being discussed, so that I could respond to your post.

I am not seeking to give free copies to reviewers strictly for the purpose of review because I have been successful at finding paying customers. That is how the development of PowerST is being financed, from sales to early adopter customers, as well as custom programming and consulting when it rolls around (I have been in this business for over 11 years full time, part time before that).

With regard to the site being withheld from the public, that is fully explained on the Current Status page on the web site. This is the quote:

<<<<
    Serious inquiries are being given access to a full web site which discusses the PowerST product in depth, including more detail on exact status. This full web site is currently being made available only to inquiries with a serious potential interest in purchasing the product within the controlled introduction period. Viewing the full web site requires nondisclosure agreement.
    >>>>

Remember that it was a customer who first mentioned his use of PowerST, not the product vendor. It was not a product announcement in any way. The product marketing is currently extremely low key because the strength of the product features and enthusiasm of early adopter customers has been attracting enough "early adopter" interest without marketing effort. Exactly what you said in your post. Get some people using the product, really accomplishing something with the project, then they talk about it in forums exactly as happened with the recent Roscoe post. I agree with your plan, and it seems to be working :).

If someone has an interest in becoming an early adopter, they can read about current status on the www.powertesting.com web site, and if interested contact me privately (via the web site) for further discussion. Also, there is a mailing list on the site that people can subscribe to for future announcements.

In fact, we should probably terminate this discussion at this point. There is no point in peaking interest when the product is still pre-release, and the quantity of new customers that can be added is currently limited.

I am not asking anyone to take anything on faith or "unverified" as you say. Serious inquiries are being given access to enough information to make a purchase decision. Eventually more detailed information will be made public without the need for nondisclosure, but for now the slow and steady low key one on one personal approach is working fine.

#13     Sep 18, 2003