Wal-Mart fires brain cancer employee...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bat1, Sep 30, 2012.

1. bat1

bat1

Wal-Mart is evil..

Wal-Mart fires brain cancer employee for using doctor-recommended medical marijuana; federal court affirms medical discrimination
    Saturday, September 29, 2012 by: Jonathan Benson, staff writer

(NaturalNews) A Michigan man was recently fired from his managerial position at a Walmart store in Battle Creek, Michigan, after it was discovered that he had been using medical marijuana outside of work hours in accordance with his doctor's recommendations for treating an inoperable brain tumor. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) filed a lawsuit against Walmart on the man's behalf, but a federal court recently responded by deciding that this form of medical discrimination by an employer is perfectly legal in the state, even though Michigan law recognizes and protects the legitimate use of marijuana for medical purposes.

When Joseph Casias was first diagnosed with brain cancer, he was offered a gamut of pharmaceutical drugs such as Lorcet, an opioid narcotic, that caused him to suffer severe nausea and various other horrific side effects. At the recommendation of his oncologist, Joseph decided to try taking medical marijuana instead, which he quickly discovered was highly effective at eliminating his pain symptoms and restoring some semblance of normalcy to his life in a way that pharmaceutical drugs could not, while also helping him work more effectively and take better care of his family.

"He had his appetite back, and he was able to interact more with us and our children," said Joseph's wife Angie to the ACLU about her husband's dramatic improvements as a result of adopting the medical marijuana protocol.

Joesph's pain symptoms vanished almost immediately as a result of the marijuana, in fact, which allowed him to perform his job responsibilities more effectively and participate in family activities that conventional medicine had otherwise prevented him from engaging in. Marijuana also allowed Joseph to put back on the weight he had lost as a result of the aggressive chemotherapy and radiation treatments that Western medicine first offered him as his only solution.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/037359_walmart_medical_marijuana_employee.html#ixzz27w0D69X2

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/037359_walmart_medical_marijuana_employee.html#ixzz27w02dWut

2. hughb

hughb

As a former pot smoker in my teenage years, I've never believed a word of this "medical marijuana" crap. It's for getting stoned, period. You guys want to use medical needs as an excuse to smoke the stuff, go right ahead. You're going to lose your job, just like this guy did. Go buy the stuff from your local pot dealer, keep it on the down low, and pray that you don't get a urinalysis. Or just stick to booze and Benadryl.

3. Wall mart not evil, bringing everyday low prices. Ya think liability insurance has anything to do with who you employ? Do you think I want some pot smoker slicing my cheese at the deli counter?

I remeber when I went to wall mart to buy some guppies. There were plenty of dead "floaters" I think someone was smoking the fish food in that department. We had to cancel the tuna casserole dinner.