Wal-Mart CEO: Inflation is "going to be serious"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Mar 31, 2011.

1. U.S. consumers face "serious" inflation in the months ahead for clothing, food and other products, the head of Wal-Mart's U.S. operations warned Wednesday.

Still, inflation is "going to be serious," Wal-Mart U.S. CEO Bill Simon said during a meeting with USA TODAY's editorial board. "We're seeing cost increases starting to come through at a pretty rapid rate."

The world's largest retailer is working with suppliers to minimize the effect of cost increases and believes its low-cost business model will position it better than its competitors.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2011-03-30-wal-mart-ceo-expects-inflation_N.htm

2. Wal-Mart CEO Bill Simon expects inflation
    --------------------------------

Maybe he could tell us who won the Kentuck Derby last year.

Where'd the fuck does he shop?

I like to feed my kids lots of frozen foods, sheesh, they rearranged that whole section, bunch of sly devils.

The buck fifty frozen pizza's are gone. They discontinued the old brand brought in a new brand = $2 bucks a pop now. Saved me the effort of watching the buck fifty pizza go up a dime each week.

Wall Marts inventory has gone on a major shift, mostly with more out of stocks, broader selection, rearranging merchandise. I'd hate to be an old mofo (who gets confused) and just when you get used to shit they change it and have to bitch out somebody.