Wake Up Early And Short Aapl As It Will Fall Below 75!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by BlueStreek, Dec 27, 2006.

1. i've had the same thoughts myself on apple concerning the seasonal aspect to trading it.

contrary argument: they are already migrated to intel mac (versus last year, where sales of computers lagged because they had not yet completed the transition), so this year they may be prepared to have continually stronger earnings even after these holidays (ipod) are done, unlike last yr.

who knows...

#21     Dec 28, 2006
  2. S2007S

S2007S

I cant believe it, I was up over $1.00 worth of profit, I go out and come home and see it down to 79 in AH, WTF. This is ticking me off, I went long and times it perfectly. I knew I should have taken my profit AH, thought it would rise higher tomorrow but who knows. Im waking up at 7am and placing a limit order to sell hopefully around 79 at 7am. I hate seeing the gains I had disapper in less than 15 mins due the news released AH.

SOOOO many companies are dealing with this same issue, everyday another company reports this type of news, why is AAPL seeing shares fall so hard on this news.....

#22     Dec 28, 2006
  3. hang in there. i'm in your shoes too.. never know, it might open up higher. stranger things have happened.

there is one thing you can count on with this stock, though -- there is a steady feed of news always coming in to reverse its path. so perhaps we'll get some guidance for earnings that blows away analyst estimates ...

(one can dream)

#23     Dec 28, 2006
  4. I hate to break this to you guys...Apple traded down 4% in Germany. Futures appear to be a wreck. Good luck today...

#24     Dec 28, 2006
  5. S2007S

S2007S

It said Jobs surrendered his options before they were exercised and was later given a grant of restricted stock.

Cupertino, California-based Apple has previously said it expected to restate financial results for some periods after identifying irregularities in its stock options accounting.

Apple spokesman Steve Dowling declined to comment on Wednesday. He said the company was providing details from its options probe to the SEC but was not discussing the matter with the public.

In October, Apple's board said that in some cases Jobs had been aware that stock options had been backdated. It cleared him of any misconduct, saying that he did not benefit from the grants and had been unaware of the accounting implications.

Apple is one of more than 160 companies that are either under federal investigation or that have launched their own inquiries into whether they manipulated grant dates of options to benefit executives who received them.

#25     Dec 28, 2006
  6. I wish you luck my friend.

However, Im more inclined to believe that there is something more under the covers at Apple. . .

#26     Dec 28, 2006
  7. S2007S

S2007S

sometimes trading suck$, I was up so nicely on AAPL last night only to see my gains disapppppppppear...thanks to anothhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhher options scandal on wallstreet, seems the more option scandals the higher the dow goes.

Lets see if AAPL can trade higher after earnings. Still has that nice gap to fill. Maybe this rally is over and AAPL can go back to 50 where it belongs.......

i sold at 78.50 this morning.

#27     Dec 28, 2006
  8. i was waiting for this matter to settle, aapl has gone utterly nowhere this yr even tho it beaten report 2tqs in a row. it is a huge buy imo, and will take out 100 sooner or later. u should have been more patient and hold onto it.

#28     Dec 28, 2006
  9. S2007S

S2007S

thats tough to do, if that news didnt break last night aapl would be trading at 83+ now......its amazing how this stock options scandal news knocked it off yet another 3% last night. Another thing is I had such a nice gain yesterday and today nothing. Im not chancing holding onto to AAPL that could be 75 by 10am....im sure however they will run it back to 81+ and ill be kicking myself for selling.....

#29     Dec 28, 2006
  10. S2007S

S2007S

i sold at 78.50 its now 79.33, go figure that one out. This morning it traded down close to 77 a share so selling at 78.50 was a relief.

#30     Dec 28, 2006