Waiting period on new registrants

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Tech Analysis, Oct 22, 2002.

1. It's not hard to tell who these posters are, if they do come back, they'll just start their rambling again, so they can be removed immediately. I can imagine how annoying this can be.

So if we notice a disruptive poster, we should then PM them to you?

#41     Nov 1, 2002
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yeah, or you can click on the word "kill" at the lower righthand corner of one of their posts, and use the resulting page to recommend that the user be removed.

#42     Nov 1, 2002
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

No screen or filter you come with will make it impossible for those who really want to be disruptive to be disruptive. But randynutts, for example, has made 32+ posts in only two days, so it isn't as though he's difficult to identify. If new registrants are given a week or two before they're warned, or if they're allowed 100 posts or so before they're warned, then perhaps the criteria for issuing warnings should be addressed.

--Db

#43     Nov 1, 2002
  4. How about a token charge to a credit card, say 1.00? That will acomplish 2 things. 1, accountability and 2, duplicity. Not many people have 10 different cards that they could register under. And then by charging them a buck to register (or 5.00 or whatever) I think they will think it's not worth paying to log on and act like an infant.

#44     Nov 1, 2002
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Though I'm beginning to wonder if I'm being disruptive by continuing to post to this thread :)

--Db

#45     Nov 1, 2002
  6. I agree with this. Maybe read-only access until they pay it in case they run across a thread on Google they want to read (which is actually how I found this site).

#46     Nov 1, 2002
  7. You're probably kidding, but this discussion is how all of them should go. No bad mouthing, no accusations, just plain old debate.

#47     Nov 1, 2002
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

People don't know what that is anymore. Too much Jerry Springer. :)

--Db

#48     Nov 1, 2002
  9. I had suggested the same thing a few months ago. No huge charge though even .50 would be fine.

Robert

#49     Nov 1, 2002