Wait until they audit you and then pay a 10% fine?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rowenwood, Jan 26, 2004.

1. pspr

pspr

The tax is due at the latest, April 15th of the following year of the income that was taxed. At ANYTIME after that, the IRS can decide you are yanking them around and start taking your bank accounts, real estate and other assets. Once they decide to start, you will not be able to stop them.

I think you understand now. If you don't you need to talk to someone else.

#21     Jan 26, 2004
  2. I understand a lot more than I did an hour ago. I want to definitely know what amount of the initial needs to paid in order to keep the IRS happy. Seeminlgly if you're paying the fine and a little bit each month, or quarter, they would be happy. I need to know the exact percentage amount (s)?

The amount one must pay of their tax debt is extremely important to me. Though I'm more interested in a Panamanian tax haven.

#22     Jan 26, 2004
  3. if the entire amount was due by the following April 15th they wouldn't have the prolonged fine system.

#23     Jan 26, 2004
  4. MRWSM

MRWSM

Tax evasion penalties are worse than murder. So unless you have an extra 20 years in your life that you wouldn't mind sitting in jail for I suggest just paying your taxes.

If you really want to save money on your taxes I say just vote for Bush.

#24     Jan 26, 2004
  5. fucking idiot, and. I'm probably one of the few green party democrats (independant) that trade stocks.

#25     Jan 26, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Green party democrats want to raise taxes, not lower them.

#26     Jan 26, 2004
  7. problems. Bush is environmentally irresponsible and the democrats spend on too many social programs which causes the need to raise taxes.

#27     Jan 26, 2004
  8. bro59

bro59

Take a lesson from the "least conquered" people in the world: Mongolians. Own physical gold in small denominations, own no land, own a vehicle (can be a horse or a car), own a moveable house (ger or yurt). You cannot be confiscated by an invading army under such cirucumstances and the tyranny of the current government shall not prevail. Of course under these terms you might have small hands and smell like cabbage, but what the hell.

#28     Jan 26, 2004
  9. hillarious! Thanks. LOL

#29     Jan 27, 2004
  10. flyers&divers

flyers&divers Guest

Most accountants are clueless on how the IRS works and they err on the side of safety by a big margin.

Find an accountant who used to work at the IRS. These people are far and between but it pays playing with them.

:p

#30     Feb 4, 2004