wait for a 'fake' rally

Discussion in 'Trading' started by andrasnm, Nov 7, 2002.

1. sell it either way......dow 2000-3000 in 2-3 years and deflation
    (like japan) in the books. no US job is safe from the republicans.
    "you see I am not a pessimist - just an optimist with experience"

2. you're not a pessimist - just ignorant

3. from a real good school. so what is your great accomplishment in the world? day-trading? I must be very dumb.

How come you can't find a real job, only at prop firms?

You must have had a massive erection that the GOP had such a great victory....good for ya.

But do you remember the presidency around 1928 - Herbert Hoover last great GOP and lead us into the great depression. You see it is history repeating itself, as always. Bush has 10th of the brain as Hoover and it took a Roosevelt(Dem) to get us out of the shit after the GOP was cast out and exorcised for 60 years. I can see that happen again....now we'll have a war - some
    more buildings will be smoked....the country is in a war-time economy...

4. from a real good school. so what is your great accomplishment in the world? day-trading? I must be very dumb.

come to think of it, daytrading may very well be one of my greastest achievements.. thanks for pointing that out :)

How come you can't find a real job, only at prop firms?

er, because i'm not looking for one? i'm not at a prop shop either. you can rest assured though, i would have no trouble finding a job... regardless of which party holds sway

You must have had a massive erection that the GOP had such a great victory....good for ya.

you betcha!

But do you remember the presidency around 1928 - Herbert Hoover last great GOP and lead us into the great depression. You see it is history repeating itself, as always.

lol. i know that was just an off the cuff remark, but even taking that into consideration, comparing today's policies with what we had back then is laughable..
    history does repeat, but it doesn't repeat exactly. to suggest that we (or the GOP) haven't learnt anything since '28 is ludicrous.

Bush has 10th of the brain as Hoover and it took a Roosevelt(Dem) to get us out of the shit after the GOP was cast out and exorcised for 60 years.

american history 101. i suggest you check it out.
    btw, lucky for us there's more to GOP policy than the just the ramblings of an admittedly charasmatic president..

5. I mean what history 101? - Reagan was a mistake...After Hoover the Dems ruled the house and the senate - I suggest you study history a bit.
    By the way I thought all 'lost souls' in Vegas are bright traders...

P.S. It is a known fact that capitalism needs a depression in every 70 years or so..

6. I mean what history 101? - Reagan was a mistake...After Hoover the Dems ruled the house and the senate - I suggest you study history a bit.

what i meant was taking a look at the "wonderful" {cough, cough} effects of New Deal etc..
    btw, reagan a mistake.. well, you're entitled to your opinion - however divorced from reality it might be...:)

By the way I thought all 'lost souls' in Vegas are bright traders...

haha.. i guess you could be forgive for thinking so.. but "lost souls"? hmm.. i can't see how that broad brush stroke could be the result of a life as an "optimist with experience". better just call yourself a fully-fledged pessimist..

P.S. It is a known fact that capitalism needs a depression in every 70 years or so..

is it? never heard that before.. it may very well get one, but needing one? hmm..
    by the way, for someone who is usually so quick to point to statistics in dissuading people from short term trading, i'm surprised at your willingness to draw statistical inferences about the timing of (not to mention the necessity for) depressions since capitalism hasn't really been around all that long..

7. "haha.. i guess you could be forgive for thinking so.. but "lost souls"? hmm.. i can't see how that broad brush stroke could be the result of a life as an "optimist with experience". better just call yourself a fully-fledged pessimist.."

Vegas is great for me for 1 week, max. I used to love it and still do.
    I played poker in my weaker period and made and lost fortunes.
    It is boring as 'catshit' if you live there because I have spent about a year in 23 there at least to sum up(I could not bear to be there for the World series of poker - 3+week long).
    Are you retired?