Wait a second I thought BUBBLE ben bernanke said there wasnt inflation!!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Apr 5, 2011.

1. pupu

pupu

Found this clip of Ben in his previous life. Might explain everything

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BnAAia2a1Mc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#51     Apr 6, 2011
  2. Bob111

Bob111

Fed's intentions are always very clear...at least to me..
    they want to burn US dept thru high inflation and devaluing the dollar..
    it's not what the general public want's,but hey, who gives the shit..
    US gvt have no intention to reduce any debt and this is the only way for Fed..
    and yes,so far things are going their way and i'm not expecting any reverse any time soon.
    btw, where is Ron Paul with his "end of Fed" motto?
    once he got this position to watch the Fed he became pretty damn quiet. this not what i was expecting..
    Sad to see,how US politicians are in the "fight" right now over few lousy billions to cut,when they have to cut at least 25% of their budget..they should fight for 100's of billions in cuts..not 3 here and 5 over there..

#52     Apr 6, 2011
  3. lol pupu :p

#53     Apr 6, 2011
  4. S2007S

S2007S

hahah, Bubble ben bernanke loves bubbles, remember asset bubbles are the only thing he knows how to create to grow an economy artificially.

#54     Apr 6, 2011
  5. piezoe

piezoe

If we did not have a disfunctional government I would be opposed to a balanced budget amendment because it hanstrings the government in emergencies, but under the circumstances such an amendment might be needed. If we just cut across the board say about 2% That would be somewhere near 100 billion which is three times what's being talked about. Instead these assholes are going to continue squandering money on weapons while gutting head start, a program that needs to be expanded not cut. It's pay me now or pay me ten times more later. We are choosing ten times more later!

We should fully fund our schools and make the "defense" department dependent on bake sales. We somehow have got this backwards.

Really all that has to be done is break the back of the medical cartel and bring military spending in line with what other developed nations spend per capita. But what are the chances of that?

#55     Apr 6, 2011
  6. S2007S

S2007S

What ever numbers they are talking about $33 Billion or $100 Billion, it means nothing when were talking tens of trillions of dollars....

They cant even push $33 Billion in cuts, its a joke, this country has become to dependent on creating debt that its so far out of control there is no way to eliminate it. The only way to prop up this country is by creating debt upon more debt.....

#56     Apr 6, 2011
  7. How do you know this? Are you able to give any specific examples of a central bank staying out of a financial collapse, taking the pain, and then seeing the economy emerge in far better shape?

For what it's worth, I agree with you on the pain part. But I am not so sure the economy would be in far better shape than it is now.

#57     Apr 6, 2011
  8. Do you believe this is a result of Fed policies? Do you think we would have had significant deflation had the Fed done nothing?

#58     Apr 6, 2011
  9. Indeed. Fed doing their part to assist congress in cleaning up their mess. The real question - why do USA citizens blame the Fed, when they should be blaming congress?

#59     Apr 6, 2011
  10. so which is it? all i kno is dollar value dropping down
    so invest in land/gold...or get it overseas lol.

the great america...now...is living on a tight rope.

#60     Apr 6, 2011