Wait a second I thought BUBBLE ben bernanke said there wasnt inflation!!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Apr 5, 2011.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Hasnt Bubble ben bernanke been telling everyone that there is no inflation and that there is no need to worry....

Well the funny thing is today he is saying the US inflation Spike wont last, what is this fool thinking...first he says inflation is tame and that the economy needs more QE and now he is running his mouth off saying the inflation spike wont last, which is it BUBBLE ben, which is it?????? Bubble ben bernanke hasnt a clue whats going on, he is the same guy who said the sub-prime mortgage mess was contained and that the economy WAS not headed into a recession, and here we are again listening to his ways about how inflation spike wont last, this guy is lying...any person who doesnt believe inflation is going to run rampant is a complete fool.

The time to raise rates is RIGHT NOW, it should have been done months and months ago

The time to stop QE is now, they should have never began QE2 let alone QE1.

The time to stop feeding the economy trillions of dollars to prop it up should have never began, but oh well its too late to take all those trillions back now...All that great GDP growth was nothing but an illusion.

The time to cut spending is NOW!!!!!!!

Bubble ben bernanke is only good at growing asset bubbles, remember that!!!

Bernanke Says US Inflation Spike Won't Last
    Reuters | April 04, 2011 | 11:31 PM EDT

A recent increase in U.S. inflation is driven primarily by rising commodity prices globally, and is unlikely to persist, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said on Monday.

The comments stood in sharp contrast to a string of U.S. central bank officials, some of whom have argued the time is coming for the Fed to begin tightening monetary policy.

Earlier on Monday, Atlanta Fed President Dennis Lockhart struck a similar note, saying inflation would probably remain moderate.

Along the same lines, Bernanke argued that supply and demand factors are driving energy and commodity costs higher, but that these should eventually stabilize, allowing the United States to avoid any inflation troubles.

"I think the increase in inflation will be transitory," Bernanke said in response to questions after a speech. "Our expectation at this point is that in the medium term inflation, if anything, will be a bit low. We will monitor inflation and inflation expectations very closely."

The comments suggested the Fed chief is committed to completing a $600 billion stimulus program as scheduled in June, despite calls from some of his colleagues to consider cutting the effort short in light of an improving economy.

"He's drawing the line between him and the hawks at the Fed," said Christopher Low, chief economist at FTN Financial in New York.

The U.S. economy expanded at a 3.1 percent annualized clip in the fourth quarter, a solid performance but not one good enough to make up the ground lost during the severe recession of 2008-2009.

U.S. unemployment, while declining rapidly in recent months remains at an elevated 8.8 percent. Inflation, meanwhile, has edged higher. But at 2.1 percent n the year to February, growth in the consumer price index has yet to rise to levels that tend to make Fed officials uncomfortable.

In contrast, European Central Bank officials appear ready to pull the trigger and raise rates later this week as inflation worries have dominated the debate in Europe. Sticking to Policy

Christopher Waller, research director at the St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank, told Reuters in an interview that the program's completion was all but in the bag.

"There doesn't seem to be a lot of support, from what I can tell, to stop the program," Christopher Waller, research director at the St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank, told Reuters in an interview.

"It would be reasonable to keep the balance sheet constant for at least a meeting (after June 30) and see how things are going," he said.

To do so, the Fed would have to continue its current policy of reinvesting the proceeds of securities that have matured or otherwise been paid off, Waller said.

Chicago Fed President Charles Evans, seen as one of the strongest backers of aggressive growth-boosting initiatives, told CNBC television the central bank's bond-buying program should be enough to get the economy back on its feet.

"We've seen pretty good growth and the employment numbers are improving. It's quite likely that 600 could be about the right number," he said.

Still, both Bernanke and Lockhart stressed the importance of monitoring the potentially self-fulfilling expectations of consumers regarding price increases.

Lockhart also said the shock of the recession had made consumers a lot more cautious about their spending. While negative for short-term economic growth, the pattern is healthy in the long-run, and should help to address international imbalances characterized by high savings overseas and excess spending at home.

"Consumer spending has been growing more slowly relative to income than it did before the recession," Lockhart told an audience of business executives at the Palm Beach Strategic Forum. "I expect that this more measured consumption behavior is likely to persist."

2. Frankly, most goods that are not tied to commodities (i.e. consumer tech, etc.) are actually crashing.

3. That's how it works. It's also why this theory that somehow hyper inflation will miraculously lift the values of housing nationwide is a complete myth.

If one essential is rising, then one discretionary will take the hit. The Fed's ability to channel inflation into "good inflation" while avoiding the "bad inflation" is tenuous at best.

4. There was deflation, then stability, now we're starting to see some minor inflation. I fail to see the problem here? Isn't everything going as intended?

5. ElCubano

ElCubano

real estate going down, prices going up. You tell me?

6. There still is deflation, it's called housing. Have you seen the year over year rise in raw commodities, thats called inflation. Now stop and think you nitwit, is rising food and energy with falling home prices good, is that how everything was intended???

This guy is the number one Central Bank cheerleader around here, him and krazykarl.

7. Larson

Larson Guest

The only tool remaining in the Bernanke Fed toolbox is the "jawbone". Soon the market will figure this out and these liars will be exposed for the assclowns they truly are.

8. ElCubano

ElCubano

we should get her some pom-poms...

9. On the whole, I think the Fed's policies are going as intended, yes. There is even talk about suspending QE2 short of the original target.

I'm not sure why you "blame the Fed for everything in life" people are upset if Bernanke changes his tone? Quite frankly, things are playing out pretty much according to what Bernanke said would happen...

Now bring on the flames, because I know you think the Fed is somehow ruining the world. The problem is, you don't know why you think this, you just know you have to blame somebody.

10. Stop quoting yourself, it doesn't advance your argument any...

#10     Apr 5, 2011