Wait a minute... did the fed say its going to extend credit to households?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bond tr4der, Dec 17, 2008.

1. dunadain

dunadain

What the...?!?!?

2. The answer to this huge mess is to pay off everyones debt then start over with tighter lending terms, yep that should do it.

3. gnome

gnome

What about the $50 Trillion in worthless CDSs?

Let's say the average American household has $10,000 in credit card debt... and that there 100 million households. That's ONE $Trillion.

And there are supposedly $500Billion is defaulted sub-prime mortgages.

That's $1.5 Trillion.

Our "leaders" have already committed about $10 Trillion to various financial aids...

So, what's the deal?

I think they're trying to reimburse all the dumbasses for their worthless CDSs at taxpayer expense.. and doing so in such a way we stupid sheeple don't understand how we're being hosed. :mad:

4. I can write a 100 Trillion IOU to a friend, but that doesn't mean he's going to collect.

5. Now wait a minute. This is a ploy to get the banks to step up and lend.

The fed is saying they will do it if the banks won't.

6. Bob111

Bob111

i'm ready to borrow @ 1-2%:)

7. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

it's absurd that people are still paying 20% interest on retail and credit cards when the banks are paying only 3% on money or less than 10%

100% profit on credit card business asssuming no personal bankruptcies.

8. gnome

gnome

"Free money loans to every dickweed who asks" got us into this mess. How is the Fed "lending to everybody" going to fix anything??

9. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

companies are having problems getting a line of credit to pay for payroll and suppliers even at 7% interest.

#10     Dec 17, 2008