Waggie, are you happy now?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Waggie?

#11     Mar 30, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Waggie, don't play politics now. You were the loudest voice in wanting Rice to testify, now you are silent. Let's hear your views on this.

#12     Mar 30, 2004
  3. I bet anyone $50 she flashes a beaver shot to Kean while at the witness table.

#13     Mar 30, 2004
  4. We agree on this point. While I don't agree with the stand someone may take, I lose respect for them when they don't fight for what they believe in, and I detest pandering to voters whether it is a Republican who panders or a Democrat.

This race sickens me, as I see both sides care more about getting elected rather than just doing what is right. I don't even trust that Nader is genuine any more, and I think he will throw his support to Kerry at the last minute just to get attention or to make a deal with Kerry.

As far as this being a Karl Rove invention to delay and flip flop on Condi, who knows what is planned or not?

I am convinced if nothing else this election will weaken the spirit of voters in this country and increase feelings of powerlessness over the system of government, and growing sense of apathy as both candidates as Skull and Boners.

Frankly, both Kerry and Bush stink.

It has been well over 30 years since we had a politician who inspired people to positive fearless values in this country.

I know you are a Reagan worshiper, but Reagan did not have much vision beyond the commies under the bed.

So little genuine expansive positive thinking in this country now..... really a bleak time in American politics.

#14     Mar 30, 2004
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Please don't tell me your talking about Jimmy Carter.

#15     Mar 30, 2004
  6. You are gonna have to get used to these kinds of politics because it has been awhile since there was such a clear cut nominee from one party. Thus, there is gonna be a ton of mud-slinging from here on out!

As for Condi Rice now bowing to what seems like political pressure, I was never convinced that her abstaining from testifying under oath was due to priviledged communication with the President for the simple fact of the matter that she appeared on every talk show known to mankind and didn't keep her mouth shut!

In any event, I am all for her testifying in front of the 911 Commission as long as it speaks to the truth because safety has no partisanship. Sure, it looks pretty absurd in the political arena and was a major political blunder. But American short-term memory is pretty weak, so not many people will remember this gaff 6 months from now. Again, I am all for it as long as it speaks to the truth. Will she wind-up perjuring herself? Who knows.

From a marble stone at the entrance to the CIA Headquarters in Langley, Virginia the following is inscribed:

"And Ye Shall Know The Truth, And The Truth Shall Make You Free"

John VIII-XXXII

#16     Mar 30, 2004
  7. cuz

cuz

LOL :eek:

#17     Mar 30, 2004