wage inflation showing?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by fusionz, Jul 8, 2008.

1. fusionz

fusionz

I remember back a few years ago in the recession the starting salaries for college graduates were mostly down, especially for computer and liberal arts majors. Now it seems to be the opposite.

BETHLEHEM, PA—Despite a less-than-robust economy, the overall average starting salary offer to new college graduates, regardless of major, increased by 7.1 percent over last year, according to a new report from the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
    http://www.naceweb.org/press/display.asp?year=2008&prid=286

2. maxpi

maxpi

To Democrats that will somehow translate to "recession", give them a little time to work on it......

3. the most useless major on the planet
    liberal arts

4. Thats not a major..... Economics is in the "liberal arts" catagory, maybe thats what you mean though

5. what can a person do with a degree in economics? haha its like a degree in history
    a finance degree is a lot more practical, an accounting degree is a lot more practical - an econ degree is like a degree in psychology. fairy brouhaha

6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I majored in History (but dropped out before I got the degree). Whats wrong with a History degree? Honestly I think it's helped my trading because you learn to research things very well.

7. maxpi

maxpi

The Physicist asks "what is this?", the Engineer asks "what can I do with this?" and the Liberal Arts major asks "Would you like to supersize this?"