WAEL final post - THANKS!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TraderZones, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Gord

Gord

So what. We are not discussing the dictionary definition. We are discussing censorship in context to free speech rights.

#31     Mar 30, 2008
  2. he never said we had a right to free speech on this board.. he said if you are american used to a democracy w/free speech you can not support this banning. there is something instilled in us that recoils at our speech being curtailed.. especially on a political forum.

no one is saying baron is not within his rights. we can say what we want on here and baron can tos us as he so desires. i can't believe you made me side with hapadork.

#32     Mar 30, 2008
  3. Gord

Gord

He equated free speech rights to make his point. His assumption was wrong. The correlation does not work. There are no free speech rights at ET. I am not going to argue semantics with you anymore - they are not the issue.

#33     Mar 30, 2008
  4. The mods deleted all my post responding to Wael along with others that did not! That was not right at all!
    ET management only cares about $$ coming in. $$ going out will be a concern as well. If they deleted my post all should have gone as well. But ET have no control over Wael, they are scared of him!

Slim:eek:

#34     Mar 30, 2008
  5. I do not agree that letters to the editor or the bullhorn scenario approximate the situation at ET closely enough to validate your argument.

Very few letters to the editor are printed. Here on ET, everyone's posts are allowed. It is only AFTER they are posted that moderators or members complain and action is (or isn't) taken. It's essentially free speech. If all would-be posts were screened prior to them appearing, as letters to the editor are at the Times, I think you would have a valid point.

As for your bullhorn scenario, Baron is in effect letting everyone using his bullhorn. Again, it is only after they have said what they want to say that action may (or may not) be taken against them based on complaints from members and/or moderators who may or may not be biased themselves (see resinate).

Nevertheless, I understand your point, and I hope you get mine. It is getting to semantics, and I don't want to argue this further just for the sake of arguing.

Aloha,
    H

#35     Mar 30, 2008
  6. Gord

Gord

Fair enough - it was a fun discourse. Happy trading... [​IMG]

#36     Mar 30, 2008
  7. Turok

Turok

Well put hap -- I too have no use for Waels style (thought occasionally his substance has merit), but the banishment in light of other contributers here on ET was an error IMO.

JB

#37     Mar 31, 2008
  8. Mahalo and good trading to you. :)

#38     Mar 31, 2008
  9. Yeah, well, it's Baron's world, we just live in it. Fortunately for (most of) us he is tolerant of our occasional criticism! :)

#39     Mar 31, 2008