Wade Cook Indicted

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ShoeshineBoy, Feb 22, 2002.

1. It is depressing that we have a suffocating, expensive, regulation-mad government that will gladly throw you in jail for killing a rat or using un-PC language but they cannot handle a determined and rich guy like Cook.

A, isn't all about who has the $$$, ala OJ.

#11     Feb 22, 2002
  2. The dude needs to be killed. Maybe not though. That would be too easy. Perhaps hung up by the "curlies."

#12     Feb 22, 2002
  3. I bought his Rolling Stocks book before I knew anything about Wade. Isn't what he teaches just Wade material? I never actually got to reading his book in much detail when I discovered I couldn't figure out how to find the "rolling" stocks.

#13     Feb 22, 2002
  4. can this pristine place get in same trouble as wade cook by the SEC for these, how to say , "performance" posting and seminar... who know?

#14     Feb 22, 2002
  5. axehawk

axehawk

McCorkle and Cook are good start.

Now they have to throw Carleton Sheets and Don Lapre into the same jail cells! :mad:

AX

#15     Feb 23, 2002
  6. Those who write economics books, business books, medicine books, any college text book. Can I sue my economics teacher in college when my business fails? I paid 16K tuition a year far more than the typical 3K stock trading seminar. Where do we draw the line?

Ultimately we make the decision to attend college, take a seminar, open a business or place a trade. We are in control of our own actions. Is it really a crime for someone to profit from our bad decisions??? My wife constantly buys advertised goods that she does not need. Do I have a case against 'them'?

What is the difference between Wade Cook posting questionable performance numbers and Budweiser suggesting that I'd be hooking up with these gorgeous babes if I drink Bud Lite in their commercials? So if I don't get some, can I sue 'them'? :)

Mark

#16     Feb 23, 2002
  7. >>What is the difference between Wade Cook posting questionable performance numbers and Budweiser suggesting that I'd be hooking up with these gorgeous babes if I drink Bud Lite in their commercials?<<

Essentially, consumers getting pissed off versus pissed up.

>>So if I don't get some, can I sue 'them'? :) <<

Maybe. Try these guys.....they sue damn near everyone:

http://www.milberg.com

#17     Feb 23, 2002
  8. LOL funny very funny

#18     Feb 23, 2002
  9. MarkCohen -

In your example, the difference between Wade Cook and Budweiser is that Budweiser is only "suggesting" you could hook up with those hot babes.

They're not claiming that Auggie Busch is getting laid by women like that because he drinks Bud (he probably is, but it's because he's rich, not because he drinks Bud).

Cook on the other hand I believe led people to believe that he personally was using his "techniques" and making the performance he claimed when he wasn't.

The first case is creative advertising. The second case is fraud.

As far as your college econ professor - if he claimed that you'd be able to run a successful business based on what he taught, it's time to find a bulldog attorney :)

Of course, most college professors have never worked in the realworld, so it IS a little like being taught to trade by someone who's never traded :eek:

#19     Feb 23, 2002
  10. Just a note. In general Authors write books, Speakers with a gift of gab give seminars and traders trade. There are of course some
    traders who occasionally give seminars , but this is not their main business. Doctors as an example, may be gifted in one line of work , but may not be able to trade their way out of a paper bag. Very often at these seminars, successful people in other professions, may be fooled into wasting thousands of dollars.

Most successful traders are unknown to the general public and are busy making a good living trading(not giving seminars or even
    giving one on one mentoring sessions). Trading is one of the hardest professions to be successful and there is no "holy grail"
    or "magic formula" for success. Wade Cook was very successful giving seminars, NOT TRADING.

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., L.L.C.
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

#20     Feb 23, 2002