W.D. Gann Trading Technique finally being re - discovered

Discussion in 'Forex' started by mw129, Jun 19, 2010.

1. mw129

mw129

attached the transaction history screenshoted from oanda for your information.

• day1.jpg
      File size:
      146.2 KB
      Views:
    #31     Jun 20, 2010
  2. mw129

mw129

attached also the last day screenshoted.

why I am doing this? because I am a firm believer what goes around comes around. I need to give out in order to get more, so that's why I am writing to help others and as well as myself. If i give out invaluable knowledge, i wouldn't be getting anything valuable in return. what's the point of doing it then? and i dont need to have a elaborate thought on my proofs coz it is not supposed to be a scam.

and for proflogic: what was your original question please?

#32     Jun 20, 2010
  3. da-net

da-net

I have read to understand lots of the old traders, the ones from the early years usually left some things out of their shared information. It is clear that sometimes they did this on purpose, others did this because it was a scam.

If a current trader can get into the mind of an early trader (info left out and not a scam) he usually learns lots more than what was put into a book, papers, etc The current trader usually expands up on the knowledge of where the old trader left off. Therefor I understand why you might want to keep something private and not share @ any price.

My observation of Gann was mixed (unsure if he was real or a scam), but I am willing to listen to what you say. IF you can duplicate your trade record (1000% every 25 days) for the next 60 days with trades posted in advance instead of arrears you will have proven your point and fattened your bank account. ET members are a hard group to convince.

Are you up to the challenge as Gann was? OR is your trade record and results as others have suggested ?

#33     Jun 20, 2010
  4. lol, you try to sell stuff that was tested and run on an account that is funded with 123.29 US Dollars? You gotta be kidding me. No wonder you are currently searching for jobs (see the open webpage in your screen shot ;-)

Good luck, you will need it!!!

P.S.: I second that, show live calls on your trades and your ware becomes instantaneously more credible. Though I doubt you will be able to show such performance again and still sell your strategy, unless you are incredibly dumb.

#34     Jun 20, 2010
  5. mw129

mw129

well, maybe let me post some trade in the coming times so that everyone could be convinced

#35     Jun 20, 2010
  6. Question was on the first page of this thread.

#36     Jun 20, 2010
  7. great, looking forward to that!!!

#37     Jun 20, 2010
  8. mw129

mw129

i would now place a order pending to sell euro at 1.2390 with 50 point stop loss. and wait for the market to slowly retrieve from the recent rebound of euro.

likely to have 100+ points of movement.

trade expected to close in Tuesday or Wednesday.

#38     Jun 20, 2010
  9. mw129

mw129

would like to drop a note that i entered at 1.2390 this morning, stopped out at 1.2440. and now re-entered (to sell euro) the market at 1.2460, with stop loss also 50 point set.

#39     Jun 21, 2010
  10. lol, see this already proves my point. You trade against a clear trend, meaning you are in for a HUGE draw downs. China's rmb revaluation announcement did not give you a strong hint that it may have a positive effect on markets and more risk taking? Hmm, funny. FYI, my model went short the dollar crosses at 8:30AM HK time and bought back dollar crosses (at profit) and went long all dollar AND yen crosses at 9:30AM which was pretty much a nobrainer. Reset stops already to entry and keep em going. Good luck with your Gann model.

#40     Jun 21, 2010