w.d.gann astrology

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by nis, Apr 29, 2010.

do gann use astro ?

1. strongly agree

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. agree

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. disagree

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. strongly disagree

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Rumpole

Rumpole

I agree with stressa Gann astrological methods work as do his non astrological methods.

The plaintive cries of the morons on this thread prove how completely stupid they are.

To be a trading success you need some basic intelligence which is completely devoid on this thread.

I have the money in the bank to prove my assertions and I suspect that the morons have lost all theirs. LOL.

:D

#21     Jul 27, 2011
  2. mw129

mw129

#22     Aug 28, 2012
  3. Gann is a very interesting and mysterious character indeed. I studied his courses thoroughly after being lured in by one of Australia's bigger 'market educators' Safety In the Market in 2004, and tried to trade like a Gann master for about 4 years, pretty much full-time, with zero consistent success even though I thought I had all the knowledge, charts and forecasts of an expert market timer. A good friend who is now a prop trader had to undo the 7 years he spent studying Gann down the same path, in order to make any progress at his new job. You need to be careful what you study, so you don't have to neutralize those beliefs in order to actually make money day trading.

Someone here did point out how there is actually a lot of very useful market truths in Gann's writing about market behavior in regards to price swings and volume, and he was probably one of the original ' just trade the price trend' advocates, but instead its so easy to jump down that rabbit hole in search of the forecasting holy grail and start researching market geometry and planetary cycles. I even started a Gann Study Group a few years ago which still has many people still chasing that dream.. hopefully they let me know if they find the holy grail.

One of the more well known Gann Experts - Bonnie Lee Hill advised me once in an email, that if I wanted to actually make money trading (stop focusing on Gann and) stare at a one minute chart with volume for a few months. Now that I have done a full circle and spent over a year trading purely from watching DOMs and a One Minute chart I wish I took this advice years ago.

Gann is interesting to read and can open the mind to many new paths in pseudo-sciences, sacred geometry, planetary cycles etc.. but common sense is advised.. if you want to trade and make money - watch and learn what the pro's do and do the same, trading is just a skill... and the more you fool yourself about market behavior before learning that skill, the harder it will be to succeed.

#23     Feb 15, 2014
  4. #24     Feb 15, 2014
  5. easymon1

easymon1

Let's see what happens . . . . 2019 0909

heavens.jpg heavens 99.jpg

#25     Sep 3, 2019