w.d.gann astrology

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by nis, Apr 29, 2010.

do gann use astro ?

1. strongly agree

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. agree

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. disagree

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. strongly disagree

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Astrology/Gann for market decisions?

Why not douse your money with gasoline & light it on fire instead?

#11     Aug 2, 2010
  2. olias

olias

yup. I give those stories no creedence. Incredible claims require incredible evidence.

#12     Aug 2, 2010
  3. I've read a few W.D gann books. He provides some REALLY good basic knowledge about general markets and chart movements but no one really acknowledges this. Instead people focus on disproving his advanced methods like Gann Fan.

Every Gann book I buy it seems like 20% of it is useful relevant knowledge, 60% is examining past prices to explain movements, 20% is charts.

For some books that 20% is worth the cost. For others its not.

#13     Aug 2, 2010
  4. da-net

da-net

To the OP;

Ernie Quigley at harmonic trading has studied Gann and has learned a few of his "cycle methods" as indicated by a study of the planets. He has a unique intreprtation of the cycle.

To Trend Following;

Here are a couple quotes from a book. Any idea what book, the author and when it was published?

A few years ago the woods were full of people who were willing to tell others what to buy and sell and when. The advisory profession as a means of extracting money from the gullible, having been fully exploded in the past four years , many soothsayers are are now getting into the business of teaching others how to trade.The fact that they have never made any big money themselves is no obstacle to their claiming that they are now "Authorities" . Each has a "staff of technicians." Their knowledge dates back to the days when Dan Drew was selling cattle and learning the game himself. Their synthetic effusions overflow endless books, pamphlets, circulars and whatnots.

It Is Not The Kind Of Chart - But Your Ability To Interpret That Counts!

#14     Aug 2, 2010
  5. The Ticker and Investment Digest
    (Ticker and Investment Digest, Volume 5, Number 2, December, 1909, page 54.)

William D. Gann
    An Operator Whose Science and Ability Place
    Him in the Front Rank

His Remarkable Predictions and Trading Records
    By Richard D. Wyckoff:

There are the citiations,

AS you can see, this occured in 1909 which is way before the whole world knew Gann.

#15     Aug 2, 2010
  6. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

So Arch bases all of his market decisions on the moon? I am not familiar with him, but if you can show a track record for some period of time that is only based on moon phases, etc -- let me know.

#16     Aug 2, 2010
  7. benwm

benwm

Not familiar with that publication. Credible? Independently verified? Were they bought out by Forbes or Time Magazine? :)

#17     Aug 3, 2010
  8. benwm

benwm

#18     Aug 3, 2010
  9. themickey

themickey

If you pray long and hard, God will reveal WD Gann to you.
    For example, every Christian on ET is filthy rich and speak in riddles.

WD Gann was a Freemason, Freemason's are tradesmen who will try and chisel a free meal from you.

The point is you're wasting your time with Gann BS and mysticism.
    You'll run around in circles until you're blue in the face.
    The shortest distance from A to B is a straight line.
    Gann is a convoluted labyrinth which goes to the moon and back via every back alley in Bangladesh.

#19     Aug 3, 2010
  10. stressa

stressa

Hi mate,

First of all let me say I respect your opinion, but as far as trading financial markets using the techniques of WD Gann goes, from my experience its about how much effort you put into understanding and APPLYING the methods, which everyone does differently in some way, whether big or small. Dont take this statement as being arrogant, the mercedes in my driveway, the key to my 60sq house, the other key to my apartment on the gold coast all came from using Gann methods (among others) trading the forex market. I hope you find your way in the markets someday, if that is what you want. All the best.

#20     Jun 18, 2011