VZ

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by dealmaker, Jun 9, 2017.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Symbol Surfing likes this.
  2. I only use Yahoo mail because I've been using it for over 10 years. I don't know what Yahoo can offer other than Yahoo mail...

Symbol Surfing and dealmaker like this.
  3. From a technical analysis standpoint, it looks like a possible inverted head and shoulders started to develop recently at the end of April.

Also, it seems there is solid support around $45 over the past 5 years.

I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon started to move higher now especially with the shareholder approval completed.

4. Do you believe that adding Yahoo will add value to the firm? I just wonder how Yahoo can add value to Verizon. I know Verizon bought Yahoo's core business to compete with Google. But the big question, HOW...

dealmaker likes this.
  5. Good point. Of course, no one knows the answer to that question yet.

I found this to be interesting.

Prior to the deal announcement on July 25, 2016, the VZ stock price was at $56.95, a multi-year high.

Since then, the stock price is down by -10%.

6. dealmaker

dealmaker

Sprint aims at Verizon with new promotion

Sprint is offering free unlimited data, talk and text for a year in a promotion it launched this week aimed at Verizon customers in an oversaturated U.S. wireless market. Customers who switch to Sprint before June 30 and bring their own devices will get free service until July 31, 2018, Sprint said. After that, the company's regular rates for unlimited plans will kick in, at $60 per month for a single line. The promotion, says Sprint, is mainly targeted at Verizon Communications customers through digital advertising. All four major U.S. wireless carriers have been sweetening their unlimited plan offers, prompting concerns from industry analysts about an accelerating price war. Reuters

7. dealmaker

dealmaker

Verizon takes $500 million charge for Yahoo costs
    Verizon Communications Inc. expects to take a$500 million chargein the second quarter to cover severance and integration expenses related to the $4.5 billion acquisition of Yahoo! Inc. One of the first businesses to get the boot is Yahoo Esports, a site dedicated to the covering growing sector of professional video gaming.(Bloomberg)

8. VZ is like catching falling knives

9. nice VZ bounce this week

10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Got that right. ;)

#10     Jul 28, 2017