VXST missing or not?!?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by tommcginnis, Jun 19, 2018.

1. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

IB's TWS has not shown the VXST since Monday open.

A chat with IB, and they did not know of it.
    They attempted on a bunch of machines, and no luck, so they thought it was a 'bigger issue' and would look into it.

I looked around a little bit yesterday afternoon, and saw that Yahoo.finance had no VXST, nor does it this morning.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/^VXST/

But there's nothing in the news to suggest the VXST is no longer a developed string.
    So on looking further, BarCharts has it just fine.
    https://www.barchart.com/stocks/quotes/$VXST/interactive-chart

IT'S NOT VITAL TO ME, but it *is* one of my big market-barometer metrics -- and especially any differences between the VXST and the VIX.

Anybody have an idea what's up?
    Is your broker showing a VXST?

I'd love to see a breakdown between what sources have the feed and what don't......

2. Pilot550

Pilot550

tommcginnis likes this.
  3. sle

sle

It’s vix9d now, as you can see on CBOE website

tommcginnis likes this.
  4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Indeed! It's now the VIX9D!
    No announcement (throughout the CBOE website, which is grotesquely out-of-date).
    And for sure: IB remains in the dark on it.
    As well: Yahoo.Finance.
    And obviously, someone clued BarChart.com...
    Nothing anywhere on the web -- this discussion right here might be the only thing people see!
    (So, Big ol' THANKS! to Pilot550 and Secret Santa!)

If you GOOGLE VXST, you get the citation frozen at last Friday's 10.84 or 10.87 from Google.Finance....
    On the open search engine, your second entry is cryptically headed,
    "Cboe S P 500 9-Day Volatility Index (VIX9D)"

5. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

MYSTERY OVER!
    ("And the bells rang, and the children all sang, and the old men in the gutters all mutter, 'Dang.'")

IB has now posted a new entity, called VIX9D -- new meaning, that if you had any statistical or DB attachment to your old VXST/fields, you will have to hand-craft an attachment to sew the strings together. Same as at the CBOE, as far as I can gather -- rather than just rename the VXST, it seems it was easier to simply kill the old one, and bring in the new one, and "Screw off!" to anyone who might have been tracking things over time.

Meh. I'm okay. Hope you are, too. o_O

Pilot550 likes this.