VXGN On Monday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nitro, Feb 23, 2003.

1. white17

white17

Yes I did. You're right. Being long options here is very dangerous. Short might be ok but DOTM IMO just for safety. I wouldn't want to be short those 10 puts although the vols have to collapse some when a decision is out. But the historical vol on this stock is pretty lofty anyway so it may not fall all that much.

With the stock halted, it's moot anyway.

#11     Feb 23, 2003
  2. Htrader

Htrader Guest

#12     Feb 23, 2003
  3. white17

white17

Silk: I hope the vols drop faster than the stock for your sake.

#13     Feb 23, 2003
  4. Toonces

Toonces

5. white17

white17

That sounds fairly positive to me. Wonder if it's spin or fact?

#15     Feb 24, 2003
  6. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

what article did you read??? seems to me that its fairly negative... the first line states that "The study did not show a statistically significant reduction of HIV infection within the study population as a whole, which was the primary endpoint of the trial." then goes onto a positive point that "However, the study did show a statistically significant reduction of HIV infection in certain vaccinated groups. " so with this being said i think its overall negative news for the stock... IMO... correct me if i am wrong though... maybe im just misinterpreting...

#16     Feb 24, 2003
  7. #17     Feb 24, 2003
  8. horseman

horseman

The biggest AIDS problem is Africa, 78% effective in blacks, sounds positive to me.

#18     Feb 24, 2003
  9. white17

white17

DGMODEL: that was my immediate take also but then I realized the potential impact on Africa and came to the same conclusion as horseman.

#19     Feb 24, 2003
  10. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

thats fine... i still feel its negative info...

#20     Feb 24, 2003