VXGN On Monday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nitro, Feb 23, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

2. silk

silk

I assume that no one would have excercised these since the stock went out at $13 on friday.

Still kind of nervous cuz the stock could open at $5 if the news is bad. Will feel better when i get the assignment info on monday.

3. :D

4. nitro

nitro

I know someone who has a HUGE Bull Spread position on. Best of luck to both of you.

nitro

5. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

i purchased VXGN in august for an average price of $5 a share, and sold it in december of the same year for an average price of $19.05... i am done with this position and this stock... i initially purchased it for a long term hold, (based on my thoughts/feelings of this co being the first to discover the cure for HIV/AIDS, or as a possible buy out at such a low price, however neither looked realistic and i already had a decent profit in it so i booked them... and looks to me that it was right on time...

6. white17

white17

I think the stock tanks> In fact I think the market in general goes down on monday in response to the rise on friday. The arbs will be selling all the stock they had to buy prior to expiration. But back to VXGN:

Based solely on the above article, I have to wonder what the control group was. If they vaccinated 5400 people at risk of HIV, did they also vaccinate 5400 not at risk? Or is the general population a good enough control? What about unanticipated results or side effects from the vaccination? These may be simplistic questions but consider how absurd the FDA generally is.

I think the safer bet is on the downside> maybe it's time for the straddle.

7. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

whitey do you have a position in this stock??? if so what is it???

8. white17

white17

No I don't but I was considering an option position tomorrow. Probably not though as there are better things available IMO

9. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

agreed...

10. Did you check the IV on these suckers. This thing will have to rock big time for any spread to make more than a trivial amount, or not LOSE money.

#10     Feb 23, 2003