VWAP on charts

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by borriskent, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Are there any free realtime charts that I am able to view VWAP for the S&P 500 futures?

If not, what is the best/cheapest alternative?

Many thanks.

TradeZero_Billy likes this.
  2. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

TradeZero_Billy likes this.
  3. ZBZB

ZBZB

4. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Are you looking to trade from the platform you are seeking or just view?

5. heispark

heispark

Open TD Ameritrade account. You don't need any deposit, and there's no inactivity fee. They provide non-delayed data feed and you can use complete features (including VWAP) of powerful thinkorswim platform. Most free data via CQG, Tradingview, etc. is 10-20 mins delayed feed.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Opcodes, Rainmakersg and MACD like this.
  6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

For my understanding, CME rules say that if someone has display quotes they can 11 minutes delayed. No one can display publically real-time quotes.

Non funded accounts in brokerages (CME rule) can not get real-time quotes.

bone, CannonTrading_Ilan and heispark like this.
  7. notagain

notagain

/es VWAP TOS
    Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 9.32.58 PM.png

8. heispark

heispark

Perhaps, TDA has some workaround? I have non-funded TDA account (I've never funded my TDA account due to bank wire issue with my bank) and having non-delayed futures charts (at least I see 1 min chart is same and sync with CQG fed charts). If someone needs to fund for some reason, I think very minimum deposit ($10 for example) may still work to get real-time data..... ;)

9. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I believe you. But....
    There are no workaround CME rules. They enforce them on the FCM and data feed level.
    Each customer is entitled to 30 days of real-time demo data annually (source: data and execution vendors).
    There are very few brokers who do not charge CME data for funded accounts, but then it is added to commissions and the broker pays for that. Anyway, you can call the CME and ask because you do not want to get a bill one day. :(

10. heispark

heispark

I made a /ES screenshot to compare 1 min charts between TOS and Rithmic. They are same. I thought there are already many people who opened TDA account just for free data and charting.... I opened my account about a year ago and they've never charged anything to me so far.... Also, the biggest retail broker in my country provides real-time futures data for free even if I have no deposit (no inactivity fee). So, I guess CME has some exceptions depending on their contract model with brokers.....

2019-10-24_11-51-56.png

2019-10-24_11-52-47.png

2019-10-24_12-26-18.png

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    #10     Oct 23, 2019