Vulnerable GOPs want Palin to stay home

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Jul 9, 2009.

1. jem

jem

Or perhaps - good traders see reality and don't buy into the liberal media horseshit.

AAA made the perfect point - reporter went up to Alaska to destroy Palin but was was the same diligence on Obama?

Reality is Palin is good looking and goods a good speech. Soccer Moms fricken love her. So soccer moms who voted for dems could easily be brought back to the republican party by her.

The problem is that her aw shucks speeck wears thin quickly.

And she seems uninformed and pretty dumb.

The liberal Press is out to destroy her because right now abortion is pretty evenly split.

Now is made up a bunch of college women and crazed political leftwing Nazi's.

If Palin spends enough time on the national scene abortion will swing from split close to 50 / 50. To 60 / 40 no.

That is why the left is out to take her out of the equation.

But as far as Presidential candidate - no thank you.

I am tired of seeing idiots like Bush, McCain and Palin on our ticket.

Except for liberal professors and plaintiffs lawyers we are the party of taxpaying intellectuals.

Lets get represented by some.

#11     Jul 10, 2009
  2. Rather than stay on topic of Palin, you turn to Obama, or Biden, etc.

Fact is Palin made the problem for herself by being reticent to be interviewed...

How the hell can someone be afraid of an interview yet at the same time claim to be strong enough to be a heartbeat away from the presidency....

The more you whine about these things AAA (or should I just call you Rush Jr.) the weaker you and Palin appear...

So the left wing media, as you call them do a better job than Fox News...

Well, so?

Fox News can and does spend their time and money doing exactly what other media organizations do...

Right wing media is lead by Fox News, the Drudge report, right wing hate radio, and right wing web sites...

There is an opportunity for any media company with any bias these days to get their message out...but Palin and company can't handle criticism or investigation...talk about spineless wimpy politicians...

#12     Jul 10, 2009
  3. Again, even though he's on ignore, I keep seeing these statements quoted.

This type of post shows why the Republicans and the right in general have lost their way. They aren't willing/able to face up to the facts.

The media have simply reported what she does and says. When you say that you think dinosaurs walked the earth 4,500 years ago, you're humiliating yourself. When you cite the 'Department of Law' in Washington, you're humiliating yourself. When you lie through your teeth about reading foreign policy periodicals when you don't even know what the term 'periodical' means, you're humiliating yourself. When you say that a 12-year old victim of gang rape should be forced by the medical community to carry to term a pregnancy that results from the rape, you're proving that you're a heartless, brainwashed automaton. When you campaign on a platform of 'no more business as usual' and then it comes to light that you're an exemplar of the business as usual politician, you humiliate yourself.

Oh, wait. It's the leftist media that forced her to say all those things, right?

What a fucking load of garbage.

#13     Jul 10, 2009
  4. Republicans are chicken shit. Palin or not..

#14     Jul 10, 2009
  5. He has me on ignore. (Why the need to keep repeating that?) Maybe someone can quote it for him.

I'm not defending Palin. She didn't handle the interviews very well, even if they were insulting. I'm just pointing out that the press went after her in a way that was totally different from the way they covered the democrat candidates. Don't tell me there was nothing interesting or curious in obama's background. They just made a "news judgment", ie their legs tingled at the thought of a black liberal president, to ignore them and hiss at anyone who had the temerity to raise them.

It continues. ABC actually ran a piece exonerating Obama from looking at some teenage ass, when it is perfectly clear that is precisely what he was doing. David Letterman made tasteless and out of bounds "jokes" about Palin (slutty) and her 14 year old daughter(got knocked up during a game by a 34 year old baseball player). His defense? He meant her 19 year old daughter.

Would he or anyone else in the media ever dare make such a joke about obama's kids or family members? Biden's? Any big shot democrat? Palin is not my first choice for president, although I'm quite confident she would be doing a far better job than obama. She could hardly do worse. But don't tell me there isn't pervasive bias against her and any other Christian conservative woman who sticks her head up.

#15     Jul 10, 2009
  6. stu

stu

What about a Christian conservative woman who sticks her head up and says things like this....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wezdbLqRnzs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wezdbLqRnzs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Do you think it is pervasive bias against her by critisizing because her remarks are ignorant, or because she is Christian, or conservative , a woman, or just plain dumb?

#16     Jul 11, 2009
  7. Typical of the way she was treated. She was making a point about wasteful "research". Do you doubt that billions are wasted on pork under the guise of research? The folks who track this kind of thing can provide you with hundreds of pages of such projects. She made a vague, throwaway comment about fruit flies, which this fruity reporter blows up into a massive indictment. So tell me, what does it say about Obama when he mentioned the "57" states? Didn't that mean he was woefully unprepared to be president? Why didn't Olberman and this reporter obssess over that for days? What about Biden's countless gaffes? Did the liberla media replay them eendlessly or did they bury them? Did they give him the Dan Quayle treatment or do they just roll their eyes and move on?

You libs don't get it apparently. I'm not claiming Palin or Bush or any other republican never made a mistake or is some kind of genius. I'm only saying the mainstream media is far from evenhanded. They seize minor misstatements of republicans and try to use them to turn them into public laughinstocks. With democrats, they ignore them totally or provide "context."

Of course, the most blatant recent example is ABC "News" trying to exonerate Obama from checking out some teen ass when a picture shows him doing exactly that. Sarkozy of all people is even smirking at him.

I guarantee you if it was a republican it would have been all over the news, and they wouldn;t be exonerating him. They would claim it shows a pattern of disrespect for women, they would be ambushing republican senators and demanding they scold him ( of course, they would comply) and of course, there would be the endless demands for a ritual apology which would be dismissed as inadequate the second it was made.

#17     Jul 11, 2009
  8. Amazing the lengths you have to go to in order to maintain your denial of Palin's stupidity...

#18     Jul 11, 2009
  9. Mercor

Mercor

Palin has a half dozen mis-speaks and poor thought out comments and you cast her intelligence from that.

Each of her encounters with the media is like a new trade. Sometimes she gets stopped out. Palin goes long and the media is short and the interview is the marketplace.

Palins wins about 95% of the time.

Should a trader be judged on there worst trades?

#19     Jul 11, 2009
  10. Nonsense...

She blew out her account on election day when she lost to Joe Biden...

You are another who will go to any length to maintain your denial of Palin's stupidity...

#20     Jul 11, 2009