VSA and Wyckoff opinions

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Jfranco_2003, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Yes but sometimes for example in the chart appears up bars with high volume and I can say ok there is demand, but the next bar is a down bar that close near the lows of the high volume up bar, and it means that this high volume looked in the up bar, was supply coming in and for this the prices didn't follow rising. We have distribution

It's complicated to understand at the beginning, but when you catch the dynamics of the market, it's easy to say if there we have accumulation or distribution.

Si mi inglés es malo, es que hablo español jeje saludos

#11     Jul 25, 2019
  2. Jibulta1

Jibulta1

I too have been studying the Wyckoff and VSA method quite in depth. I am wondering if anybody is still trading with it and would like to share some ideas ?
    Thanks

#12     Sep 3, 2019
  3. easymon1

easymon1

yep do.jpg

#13     Sep 4, 2019
    andre.salmeron and Jfranco_2003 like this.
  4. Jibulta1

Jibulta1

Cool thanks, I will check it out. Not came across this book yet. Feel free to drop me a message if you would like to discuss some charts/trades

#14     Sep 4, 2019
  5. You have to analyze by yourself the markets with this method and find your own response. But I can remark you that the VSA method, although it seems like the creators are only selling a software, the ideas and logic that they teach, are based in the law of supply and demand, and the market works with this law.

#15     Sep 4, 2019
  6. Jibulta1

Jibulta1

Yes I am familiar with this as I have been using it however I disagree that we are by ourselves with this. I am currently scanning for charts that are moving into the late C and early D Wyckoff acc/dist phases and then trading/timing entries intraday. These structures can be seen forming over a number of days to months so I guess you are referring more to short time frames and scalps?

As Wyckoff stated, it is us as retail traders who are together against the CO

#16     Sep 5, 2019
    Jfranco_2003 likes this.
  7. padutrader

padutrader

congrats
    you are the third person i have seen who has posted a chart in ET.........the lack of charts postings is baffling in a social media dedicated to technical analysis.

#17     Sep 5, 2019
  8. padutrader

padutrader

what you say is correct -volume increases generally indicates that all is fine in the trend in place
    it is divergence-volume decreasing while price increases or vice versa- that sends a warning signal...that the move is not healthy.
    and consistent high volume with very little movement may indicate the move will reverse direction.
    while it is believed that forex volume is not accurate,VSA and Gavin Holmes says they use in with their software to trade forex

edit
    higher prices with low or significantly lower volume may mean no supply.
    like wise lower prices with low or significantly lower volume, means no demand

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    #18     Sep 5, 2019
  9. padutrader

padutrader

is anyone using TRADEGUIDER software.

#19     Sep 5, 2019
  10. padutrader

padutrader

yes no doubt that demand supply drives the market.

that said unless demand supply can be measured you cannot manage it.
    one symptom of higher demand as compared to supply is quite simply higher prices.
    higher prices with low or lower volume sometimes means no supply

#20     Sep 5, 2019
    Jfranco_2003 likes this.