VR for active trading

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by qlai, May 1, 2019.

1. qlai

qlai

Anyone aware of something practical? The idea of having multiple VR monitors is very intreging to me.

birdman, Nobert, Onra and 1 other person like this.
  2. Handle123

Handle123

The video gave me a headache, eventually they will make 3-D glasses. Can't see how any of this going to be advantageous on a stock I might keep a year. More like scalping, and hope every 20th trade goes more than a nickel?

I can see eventually someone sitting in perfectly round room with white walls and charts are projected all around, and instead of turning the chair, have a remote that turns the Lazy-boy, with dual arm rests, one with the 12 pack cooler and the other one is making chicken wings. Room is perfect, no doors so wife can't check in on you, trap door under the Lazy-boy.

Yea, it can even take you for another 12 pack.

Peter10 likes this.
  3. I read a fiction book when I was a kid that did this for bond trading. Can't remember the name. Was awesome, blew my mind.

4. birdman

birdman

5. destriero

destriero

Pointless. Automation would beat any VR manual execution and pattern recognition? What's the benefit to having a 2D screen an inch from your retina?

My kid have the Vive Pro and is less than a second off the SuperHot WR speed run. That and five bucks will get him a Dutch Bros mocha.

birdman likes this.
  6. Nobert

Nobert

This, plus - cortex chips &

0:46

7. qlai

qlai

I was just thinking that it would be nice to take your laptop with you anywhere, put on the glasses, and be able to use multiple screens. The rest I don't care about.

8. Sprout

Sprout

Even though pricey for early adopters, imho, augmented is the way to go:

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  9. Last edited: May 2, 2019