VPS Hosting.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Craig66, Mar 5, 2009.

1. heech

heech

No problem. Rithmic is attractive because it emphasizes performance so heavily... both in terms of message handling, and even going far as offering hosting + infrastructure. I guess I have to weigh that with the cost of being tied to a single vendor.

I'm *still* finding it hard to even get started with the QuickFIX engine. (I'm too easily distracted right now, too much on my plate.) Do you by any chance have a link/reference for getting started? Sort of a QuickFIX "buy hello world" sample... with any broker (preferably open e cry)?

Thanks in advance.

#21     Jul 11, 2009
  2. heech

heech

This just got more interesting for me. If you look at the guy who runs this' linked in profile... he was an associate director at Bear Sterns:

Associate Director
    Bear Stearns
    (Public Company; 10,001 or more employees; BSC; Financial Services industry)
    March 2001 — August 2007 (6 years 6 months)
    Built an entire automated trading system that has been successfully running for over 5 years.
    Worked for proprietary equity trading group for 5 years and Bear Energy group for 1 year.
    Built the entire trading system and best execution system for the department, including FIX connectivity, real-time market data, trading front-end, reporting system, and intra-day high frequency best execution engine.
    Series 7, 63, 55, and 3 certified.

That's pretty compelling if even half of that is true. I might give it a shot.

#22     Jul 11, 2009