VPN router for home server. Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dumpdapump, Jun 1, 2017.

1. dumpdapump

dumpdapump

I was wondering whether anyone has experience with the Cisco Rv325 VPN router. I like the general technology stack but am not sure whether their openvpn solution is much configurable or not. I don't want anything but openvpn for security reasons. A pure dd-wrt router would probably be ideal as its completely configurable but I like what the Rv325 has to offer aside VPN. I am aware of the possibility to do a router port forward and then running a VPN software server on a machine in the local network but I prefer a hardware VPN solution backed into a router.

Thanks

2. Chubbly

Chubbly

You will get much better responses in one of the many hundreds of computer network related forums.

Ethilaloth and dealmaker like this.
  3. cabanos

cabanos

I would suggest winescribe or you can read few reviews and listen to your guts and common sense. I'm a mere human being and could easily overlook some way better one. So check some reviews and find a peace with your VPN router web

4. What are your real goals for such setup ? why would you need some VPN on your home server ? What do you plan to do anyway with all this ? This thing will help you to earn more with the Forex or what's the deal ?;) Please explain that to everyone;)