vp debate thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sho-tim, Oct 2, 2008.

1. McCain knows the electoral college map is closing in on him quickly.

Watch one toss-up state after another fall against him now.

#31     Oct 2, 2008
  2. To me it apppeared her opinions about foreign policy were rehearsed, and to me it seemed she has not thought about those things before, but answered the questions the way she was told to. So everyone say it, but I will say it too, what if J McCain dies, and she is the president?
    I am not someone who knows alot about politics and foreign affairs, but I am not looking to be vp. If she was honest with herself, she would say she has some energy expierence with her state of Alaska, but she does not have foreign policy knowledge, and is she cared about her country, and not just advancement from governor to vp for herself, then she would not accept the job.

#32     Oct 2, 2008
  3. One other thing, this debate and the poll results will not alter what will or would have been the outcome of the election.

IMO.

#33     Oct 3, 2008
  4. huh

huh

I agree that she is rehearsed and offers no value but she wasn't chosen to do that. Her only job was to unite the republican base around McCain who were threatening to sit home instead of voting, and to steal women votes based on what she has in common with women between her legs rather than whats between her ears. I think she's done a very good job of doing both therefore I think she was a good choice. As soon as the election is over, Palin will be swept under the rug and won't be seen or heard from again.

I dont' think McCain is gonna croak in the next 4 years but you know if he does.....it could be interesting having President Palin and Vice President Pelosi........cat fight in the white house hell yeah.

#34     Oct 3, 2008

5. Ok, that is the point. She was chosen for a strategy move. A pawn.
    To me she by accepting this challenge to be vp is no different than the subprime borrower who was offered big loan they could not afford. Hmm, oh so tempting, hard to resist. Just like the subprime poor person being given a chance for a house, Sarah Palin is offered something maybe she can not really handle? No one is weighting the risk of her, they use her as a pawn, just like banks use the people who could not afford the loan. The banks made money and moved the risk.
    But her desire to move up is her motivation. Not helping her country or her family. That is my opinion.
    Cat fight? :p Same as man fight.

#35     Oct 3, 2008
  6. huh

huh

Nice comparison, hadn't thought about it that way :)
    Either way we're heading into a very rough economic environment and I HOPE that either party will do the unthinkable and actually do the right things to help us get out of this recession with as little damage as possible......I'm not holding my breath though!

#36     Oct 3, 2008

7. aw, poor goober.

you "hurted" my feelings.

lol, not.

numb nuts like you should only be allowed to vote for PTA elections.

#37     Oct 3, 2008
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Be careful what you wish for, you're liable end up shopping at Publix - all alone.

#38     Oct 3, 2008