Voting Poll on Brokers for Scalping Stocks

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by kowboy, Oct 24, 2003.

1. kowboy

kowboy

If you are a retail customer (not prop) and scalp stocks or trade short and quick intraday moves, and make over $25K per year scalping, which direct access deep discount retail broker do you use for scalping?

The selections on a poll are limited to ten, so if some are not included above, please post who you use.

Thanks for your participation.

2. kowboy

kowboy

I inadvertently left out MB Trading. I have asked the moderator to amend the poll to include them.

3. kowboy

kowboy

thanks

4. VOLUME

VOLUME

Most people on this site use IB, so the poll is meaningless.

5. kowboy

kowboy

Ok Volume, I am beginning to see that most of the users here apparently use IB as you say. I also can't imagine using IB alone without at least a front end user interface for scalping.

6. VOLUME

VOLUME

I have never used IB, so I can't comment on their platform.

I have used Cybertrader, Watcher, Redi+, Mandrill, Bulldog, and Hammer. Redi+ is a joke....Cyber was slow....Mandrill and Bulldog are no longer around...Hammer is very good (Anvil is supposed to be even better, but I have only been on demo).

Volume

7. kowboy

kowboy

Thanks, I have heard of Anvil but didn't find the retail brokerage that uses this platform. To date I have only found one retail brokerage who supplies Hammer and that is Assent. The rest of the Hammer users I found were all prop shops.

8. arnegr

arnegr

never heard of them who are they

9. kowboy

kowboy

10. VOLUME

VOLUME

Hammer and Anvil are both owned by Assent.

#10     Oct 25, 2003