Voting Machines

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drmarkan, Nov 7, 2006.

1. I live in L.A. County, and my polling station does not use voting machines. We use what they call the ink-a-dot system. Bascially you slide the ballot into a slot that lines the proper numbered circle up with the correct name and then you press the little ink stamp through the hole that you want. Very simple, and effective. No hanging chads, no computers down. If you are unable to vote properly with this system, then you really don't deserve to vote anyways. I really think that they should use this system nationwide.

The voting machines are a huge problem right now and I believe the only reason they are used is to try to tally the votes quicker. Pointless if they are going to cause this much trouble. The only advantage I can see for them is that people would be unable to steal the ballots. However, people can tamper with the machines possibly which brings us back to square one.

I am wondering if people use other systems where they live other than the voting machines, and if they find it convenient.