Voters Turn Negative On All Political Labels Except Reagan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Sep 11, 2009.

1. ""Progressive” is becoming more of a dirty word, but all political labels – except “being like Ronald Reagan” - are falling into disfavor with many U.S. voters, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

“Liberal” is still the worst and remains the only political description that is viewed more negatively than positively. Being like Reagan is still the most positive thing you can say about a candidate.

Just 15% of voters say they view the description of a candidate as politically liberal as positive, down four points from last November. Forty-one percent (41%) see it as a negative description, up five points form the earlier survey, while 42% say it’s somewhere in between.

Aware of their low ideological ratings, political liberals have shifted in recent times to calling themselves progressives, but that name, too, has begun to lose its luster. Thirty-two percent (32%) now consider it a positive to describe a candidate as politically progressive, but that’s down from 40% just after the last election. Twenty-seven percent (27%) see it as negative label, up from 16%, and 36% put it somewhere in between the two. "

2. Reagan was an ASS, too. He jacked the deficits way up... even giving rise to the mantra, "deficits don't matter".

He lead by example.. a poor one. :mad:

3. maybe the conservatives can dig reagan up and prop him up as an idol to worship. i hear conservatives like to worship long dead men.

truth be told reagan failed. he was going to cut taxes accross the board and cut spending to match. well he cut taxes but failed to cut spending becoming the first republican president to ballon the debt. he was instrumental in ending the cold war though.

ps i voted for reagan twice.

4. 1. Reagan wanted to "defeat the Soviets".

2. Bush wanted to..... ?? Who knows, except maybe be "World Dictator" if he could get away with it.

3. Obama wants to Marx-ise or Socialize America for his own narcissistic pleasure.

In all cases, the American people are the VICTIMS!

Wise UP, America! Stop electing these self-serving ASSHOLES! :mad:

5. I admire Reagan in hindsight, if only for his leadership. We have really had a pack of yo-yos since then, have we not? Remember he almost did not survive an assasination attempt. Only fault I find with him is the spawn of neocons his administation unleashed on US.....,..Wolfowitz, Cheney, etc.

Now, we got Obama........what a disappointment.

6. Reagan was the spokesman for the "Greatest Generation". My grandad died recently, he landed on Normandy, and was instrumental in building the electrical infrastructure of a major US city. He Was A Reaganite ... To The Core.

He represents a time when people relied on themselves, family and god. They persevered.

The government has become the candy-man for the leftists I so despise, and their "conservative" shills.

ONE TERM!

7. I see you are reading Rush Limbaugh site very well. I read the same crap 10 minutes ago. Ronald Reagan popularity just highlights the low level of intelligence of people who believe in him.

8. Scataphagos,
    I think you have me on ignore but I agree with you 100%.

9. I can tell you both have much real world experience ...

god save us from the tyrannical leftist federal government worshipers.

Yes, God Will Answer My Prayer! It's been foretold. In a remarkable change of events, leftist-idiots are voted out by the bushel in 2010, and the false-messiah is gone after 2012.

"Oh but who will save us from Global Warming" , I hear you cowering, .... have no fear ... volcanoes will burst forth their ashes onto the heathen left, reducing the population in half, and there-by saving the planet from the scurge of humanity, (at least the humanity who worships at the teet of government)

10. Reagan ... doesn't the name alone invoke memories of a time when right was right and wrong was wrong

#10     Sep 12, 2009