Voters blame Bush more than Obama for the economy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 14, 2011.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Oh, stop the spin, Bonie. It's a simple question. No need for guru talk and carnival-like posters. As of now, this date, who do you think will win the next Presidential election? I say, Obama.

#51     Jul 18, 2011
  2. bone

bone

No spin - logical honesty. It is the economy, stupid. If your inference is that Obama will win without substantial job growth and with four years in office then your your opinion is based purely on your partisan desire and not logical expectancy.

He has one year to grow this economy big time, or he is Jimmy Carter Part Deaux.

#52     Jul 18, 2011
  3. BSAM

BSAM

I'm not asking you what may happen. I'm asking you today; as of right now. Who do you think will win the next election?

Believe me, I have no partisan desire to see Obama in the White House after the next election. I am just guessing, based on what I see today. Today, I see Obama winning the next election. Who do you see?

#53     Jul 18, 2011
  4. bone

bone

BSAM - my opinion means nothing. Opinions are flawed. Desire has very little influence on actual outcomes where you have so very little direct influence. In fact, for you to think that Obama wins given today's economic reality smacks completely of partisan desire and ignores entirely the historical record.

#54     Jul 18, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

For the record, mine neither.

#55     Jul 18, 2011
  6. Obama calls people like BSAM, bitter clingers.

#56     Jul 18, 2011
  7. bone

bone

For the record, I am fiscally conservative and from a societal standpoint I do have a bit of a very moderate libertarian streak in me. I don't like the lefties telling me what I can eat or what I can say, and I don't like the righties telling me who I can marry or what I can smoke.

Ron Paul is a whack job.

I would have been perfectly content with either John McCain or Hillary Clinton in the White House. My sentiments regarding Barack Obama since he first announced his candidacy have been confirmed - he is in WAY over his head. Obama does not like to get personally involved in the legislative process, and he defers to Reid and Pelosi and the long standing Party apparatus too much - which has NOT served him well.

#57     Jul 18, 2011
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Boni, let me say this again...I'm saying it slowly so that you can maybe get it....

Believe me, I have no partisan desire to see Obama in the White House after the next election.

Right now, I just don't see a Republican running, who I believe the Republican establishment will allow to become the party's nominee. And I don't see a declared third party candidate who can oust Obama.

Hope that's cleared up for you. We're merely kickin' it around on a message board. Why are you afraid to make a guess about the next election's outcome?? Seems strange to me, but hey, your posts are your posts; mine are mine. Good luck, Boni!

#58     Jul 18, 2011
  9. bone

bone

And I am just using this senseless banter to stay with a couple positions and not be tempted into changing a swing trade into a scalp.

#59     Jul 18, 2011
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Glad I could help. Good luck with those trades.

#60     Jul 18, 2011