Voters blame Bush more than Obama for the economy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Exactly.

#41     Jul 18, 2011
  2. bone

bone

COMPLETELY BRILLIANT.

#42     Jul 18, 2011
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Obama has the the blacks, the hispanics, the liberal whites, people who are disgusted with the phony Republican party, the gay crowd, and the youth.

Tell me, which voting blocks are going to oust him from office? The old white men group and a handful of young Republicans? LOL

I do admire the optimism I see here, though.

#43     Jul 18, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Well said. In November, the voters thought someone, even tea party people could do a better job than the incumbents, which is really what that election was about. Now the choice is between [the ideas of] their own incumbents, and people still more crazy. Obama is a shoe-in.

#44     Jul 18, 2011
  5. BSAM

BSAM

I'm afraid so. But, could a non-clown third party candidate win the next election?

#45     Jul 18, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

What would they stand for, fiscally? Tax increases, tax reductions, spending increases, spending reductions, or some combination of all those? Or someone who takes one of those variables out of the equation, "no discussion on it allowed"?

#46     Jul 18, 2011
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Well, of course, the person would be a fiscal conservative, since Ds and Rs aren't.

#47     Jul 18, 2011
  8. bone

bone

Using your exact same logic - how will the November 2012 election be different for the Presidential incumbent ?

#48     Jul 18, 2011
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Bonie, who do think will win the election? (Not who you like, but who do you think will win?)

#49     Jul 18, 2011
  10. bone

bone

Depends entirely and completely on the economy - which I cannot predict. The fact that recently most economists have downgraded their forward estimates and the metrics look shittier than they did in November of 2010 tells me that Obama is in for a difficult time of it.

In terms of where job growth remains strongest (outside Washington, DC) the metrics certainly do not favor progressive Democratic Party governance and policies:

[​IMG]

#50     Jul 18, 2011