Voters Back Obama Over Republicans on Health Care, Poll Finds

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JDL, Oct 8, 2009.

1. fuck you you fucking communists, when we are done with you, there will be no place in the world for you to hide

#11     Oct 8, 2009
  2. Like I said, the MSM should keep hammering away at those evil republicans.

#12     Oct 8, 2009
  3. I'm only pointing out the obvious in the poll and the debate.

#13     Oct 8, 2009
  4. I think the obvious is that people are rational and want some sort of single payer health care and that this thing will pass EASILY!. And that for their opposition the Republicans will be banished to the desert for 40 years.

Not that I personally give two shits about it...but some do.

#14     Oct 8, 2009
  5. Bloomberg Spins Negative ObamaCare Poll Into Bad News for GOP
    By Tom Blumer
    October 8, 2009

Gateway Pundit's Jim Hoft, who has been on quite a roll as of late, had the Media Bias Catch of the Day, Polling Division, this morning. Rush mentioned Hoft's post on his show this afternoon.

Jim compared the results of a Quinnipiac poll on ObamaCare to how Bloomberg reported the results. He first noted what Quinnipiac found:

[​IMG]

Jim then asked, "So, how does the state-run media report this news?" Here's the answer:

[​IMG]

Bloomberg's false fig leaf is this paragraph from Quinnipiac:

Only one of the items even relates to health care, and the question is in no way comparable to the one asked about a specific (well, as specific as he ever gets) Obama plan. About Obama, it says that "American voters oppose 47 - 40 percent President Barack Obama's health care reform plan." By any reasonable reading of this result in combination with the third bullet just noted, the most you could possibly conclude is that voters specifically don't like ObamaCare, but don't trust Republicans to do any better with the issue in general. That simply doesn't translate into "Voters Back Obama Over Republicans on Health Care" by any sane interpretation. The truth is that "Voters Back Republicans in Their Opposition to ObamaCare." Jim wrapped his post by asking, "Could the media be any more in the tank for these guys?" Only if they were on the government dole, Jim -- and that may be coming.

#15     Oct 8, 2009
  6. skylr33

skylr33

Exactly right!!!!!!!! It's rather obvious a douche bag Obama lover created this thread in a desperate attempt to save his failing presidency. Everyone knows that the majority of America is dead set against Obama's health care bill. I actually hope the Democrats do pass this, because if they do, they will have committed political suicide for the 2010 & 2012 election. Can't wait for the funeral!!! lol :p

#16     Oct 8, 2009
  7. It's interesting that the group the Reps. loves to praise is for reform.

A study released Thursday by Small Business Majority found small businesses in Pennsylvania and other states are struggling with the high costs of health care, and believe health-care reform is necessary and important in getting the economy back on track.

Small Business Majority, a national small business advocacy organization based in California, surveyed 200 randomly selected small businesses in the state and found price is the primary obstacle in obtaining health insurance. The group found that 87 percent of Pennsylvania small business owners who do not offer health insurance say they can’t afford to. In addition, of those who do provide insurance, 71 percent are struggling to do so.

In a 17-state survey including Pennsylvania, 67 percent of respondents agreed that health-care “reform is urgently needed to fix the U.S. economy.”"

http://philadelphia.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/stories/2009/09/21/daily41.html

Bob Dole seems to like it"
    "This is one of the most important measures members of Congress will vote on in their lifetimes," the former Republican Senate majority leader and presidential candidate told an audience in Kansas City today. "If we don't do it this year I don't know when we're gonna do it.

Dole and two other former Senate leaders, Republican Howard Baker and Democrat Tom Daschle, are preparing to release a statement urging Congress to move on health care.

"We're already hearing from some high-ranking Republicans that we shouldn't do that. That's helping the president," he said.

Later, he repeated that news, and elaborated on one "very prominent Republican, who happens to be the Republican leader of the Senate."

That would be Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.

Dole, to his credit, is having none of it. "I want this to pass," he said. "I don't agree with everything Obama is presenting, but we've got to do something."

He added: "I don't want the Republicans putting up a 'no' sign and saying, 'we're not open for business.'"

Consumers Union supports reform:

"onsumers Union, the nonprofit publisher of Consumer Reports, is working to move the U.S. toward an affordable, efficient, and high-quality health-care system under which everyone has lifelong care. CU wants to stop the wasteful use of health-care dollars by establishing an independent, national research program that makes its findings available to doctors and patients in a timely manner. CU is also pushing to end preventable medical errors and infections by committing to a national effort of public transparency and accountability throughout the health-care system. A first step in health-care reform is requiring that information about healthcare safety be collected and made available to the public. And we support the creation of a public health-plan option, perhaps like Medicare, that competes with private insurance-plan options on the quality and results of the care they offer."

Bill Frist said he supported it until Rush told him to change his mind
    "
    Were he still in the Senate, "I would end up voting for it," he said. "As leader, I would take heat for it. ... That's what leadership is all about."

Lots more support out there as well as confusion. IMO, the right thinks the uncertainty caused by misleading statements and understandable confusion on such a complex change.

Antonio Perez, the chief executive of Eastman Kodak Co is in favor of reform.

The list grows daily.

Seneca

#17     Oct 8, 2009
  8. Newsflash: Paid Health Care Lobbyists Support Obamacare
    Posted by Leon H. Wolf
    Thursday, October 8th

Several news outlets have been making hay out of an apparent joint endorsement of Obamacare (sans public option) by Bob Dole and Tom Daschle:

I find the way this is being reported to be… curious. See, the casual observer might or might not wonder exactly what Bob Dole and Tom Daschle have been doing lately to earn a living. The answer, as most people in DC know, is that they have been paid lobbyists at the firm of Alston + Bird. Alston + Bird, of course, is deeply involved in lobbying on behalf of the health care industry. Thus, whether the clients Daschle and Dole are paid to lobby on behalf of are actually supporters of Obamacare is irrelevant, as they stand to benefit from Dole and Daschle ingratiating themselves to the Administration and powerful Democrat members of Congress by engaging on this crusade.

Put more simply, the real story here is that powerful paid lobbyists are doing the job for which they are well-paid to do. And it’s dishonest for the news media to paint Dole and Daschle as disinterested observers or party statesmen here without disclosing their obvious financial self-interest in increasing their own influence in the healthcare debate. And if I can connect the dots from all the way over here in Tennessee, there’s no excuse why these facts should have passed reporters from the New York Times by.

#18     Oct 8, 2009
  9. skylr33

skylr33

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love how you try to turn the tables by quoting ex-GOP Senators. lol The Demo'craps' are willing to listen to anyone except the majority of America, that doesn't want this particular bill. You have enough problems in your own house with Democrats in Congress continuing to fight with one another over this bill. lol
    If Republican Senator Olympia Snowe votes no on this bill, then Obama and the Demo'craps' are fucked on healthcare. Once Snowe votes no, then the majority of moderate-conservative Demo'craps' will also vote no, as well as Independent Senator Joe Lieberman, who has said he doesn't favor this bill.
    The entire passage of this legislation will really come down to whether one GOP Senator supports it in the Finance Committee. Again, if Snowe votes no, then Obama's health care bill is deader than fried fucking chicken!!!! :D

#19     Oct 8, 2009
  10. Dream on.

#20     Oct 8, 2009