Vote Yes Or No

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FasterPussycat, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i said a long time ago that rs7 = super ego and no one would believe me. well..... do you believe me now. heh???

#71     Aug 26, 2002
  2. rs7

rs7

This is utterly ridiculous. Faster, what on earth would make you think that I am Superego? Tell me one single thing that we have in common? One thing we agree upon. I always maintained that his boastful style was annoying, but more importantly I clearly felt that his "techniques" were less than worthless, and a waste of time. But I have since changed my mind. I think he is the perfect guy for you to follow.

I understand that "Tampa" for whatever reasons, just has a personal dislike for me. Why? I have no idea. Nor do I care. He started with a nasty post directed at me in MrSubliminals Journal, and I have ignored him since. I think he has nothing of value to contribute and he has proven it. So if he wants to accuse me of being Superego, for whatever reasons he has (I guess he thinks he can annoy me), fine. For him, I will be superego....he can believe whatever he likes. His opinions mean less than zero to me.

If you want to try and convince others here that I am Superego, that's fine too. No one cares about superego really other than you. You were his pom pom waving cheerleader when he posted. I tried to debunk his nonsense. I should have ignored it.

The more traders that waste their time trying to trade his "system", the better for me. Every losing trader benefits the rest of us. His "system" was pure crap. He even said it to me in a PM, which I eventually posted because at the time I was too idealistic, and thought it was wrong of him to try and con everyone here (as was his stated plan). But now, I no longer care. I hope he comes back so he can teach you how to trade his way. Good for me, and bad for you!

Good luck, and keep the informative posts and brilliant observations coming! Like your suggestion for an Elite Trader tagline. You must be at the top of your 3rd grade class. Keep it up!

RS7

#72     Aug 26, 2002
  3. rs7

rs7

I couldn't find it. Maybe it was copied. I have no idea. If it was, I am not aware of it. I will look again when I have time.
    Thanks,
    RS7

#73     Aug 26, 2002
  4. rs7

rs7

Well, I found it.....http://www.stockhits.com/site/id60.html

Absolutely, it is what I wrote here, word for word. How it got on that site, I have no idea! I assure you I never posted it there. Obviously someone copied it onto that site. It was not me.

I guess I should be flattered. It is not plagiarism, since no one else took credit. It is as much a mystery to me as to anyone else. I don't know what else to say.

Thanks for pointing this out to me. It is indeed interesting.

I wouldn't know how to begin to even attempt to find out how this happened. Maybe Baron would have a better understanding? And if any violations have occurred?

It is amusing to me that towards the beginning of the post, I said that it was intended for the "typical ET trader". What were they thinking when they copied it to that site?????

RS7

#74     Aug 26, 2002
  5. Babak

Babak

So far I've stayed off this thread but I have to chime in and say that nothing new has been said. The same cheerleading from FPC towards SE, the same accusations towards rs7, etc.

FPC if you simply wanted to cause a $### disturbance, consider the job done. Now lets move on to something a little bit more productive. The routine is getting rather stale.

#75     Aug 26, 2002
  6. rs7

rs7

I received a PM today from one of the good guys here at ET. He pointed out that one of the members (Bono) had stated that he was affiliated somehow with that other site and that he liked some of my posts. I now remember that he asked me if I was interested in contributing. I declined.

Apparently he just used my post (posts) and that was that. I looked at my old PMs to see if I could find exactly what he asked of me. I must have deleted whatever it was he said.

Anyway, it seems no harm and no foul. I did find this post of his in Lundy's "this is the bottom" thread.

On his profile, he says that the site in question is his homepage. I guess there is nothing sinister an no "evasion" in all this. I wish him well, and if he wishes to quote me, that is fine. I do think however that he should credit the fact that the posts originally appeared on Elite Trader. That is common journalistic practice.

Best to all,
    RS7

#76     Aug 26, 2002
  7. is this the tag line you were speaking of rs7? personally i love it and think it's great ...but i understand it may be beyond your comprehension heh heh:)

you came down pretty hard on me, in fact you've been inexplicably slamming me for quite some time ...and i (unlike tampa) actually like and respect you. so what gives? aren't you treating me a bit like tampa is treating you? do you really dislike me that much? why?

you claim super ego and his methods are FOS, that they won't work, but why? be a little more specific than this if you can (if can't that's fine, but i'll ridicule you for it heehee). what in particular won't work? buying and selling off S/R?? what??? i (and i am sure others) would cherish your thots here.

also btw, before i forget i want to tell you that i really really liked your suggestion for an ET tag line. WTG!

babak, i am not trying to stir up anything more than anyone else here, i simply would like super ego to continue posting here. this thread and my posts on it exist for this reason and nothing more.

FaterPussycat:cool:

ps see my latest ET tag line offering rs7!

#77     Aug 26, 2002
  8. rs7

rs7

Faster, let me express my regrets if I have hurt your feelings. Here's the deal: Sometimes people invite other people to make fun of them. You do that. At least to me. So don't take it personally. I like you fine. Think of it as when you are with your friends and you break each others' chops. It's all in good fun, right?

So when you make silly posts, it becomes too easy to make you the "friend" that gets ranked. Does this make sense? I mean you are obviously a bright guy. You have occasionally shown that in your rare :) thought out posts. But you have to admit, more often than not, you just say stuff that's plain silly. Like your ideas for an "ET Tagline". Obviously, you did not want to be taken seriously, so you weren't. Big deal. So I made fun of it. I am sure you would have done the same if the situations were reversed.

As for superego. Here is why I didn't think his posts were worthwhile.

Anyone here who is making money has a style that works for them. The people who are new to trading virtually never make money until they develop their own style. For this reason, I tried to tell what I believe can, in a generic way, help any new trader.

So my posts were more about the mind set and psychology and discipline and general demeanor that all traders need to develop. I wouldn't be so arrogant as to think I could teach traders how to actually execute trades. I talked a little about my basic strategies, but not about exact entry and exits and set ups and technical indicators and chart reading, etc. Because I am not qualified. I am also not a tremendous believer in technical analysis for intraday trading, but I don't think it is wrong for those that adhere to it. But I do believe that the market is a fluid thing, and that the good traders that do put a strong emphasis on TA understand that. So they are able to tweak their "systems" on a realtime basis. The ability to do this comes, like most of trading, from experience.

Now superego comes along, and says..."do EXACTLY as I say!...Have your screen and your charts set up EXACTLY as I say. Enter and exit trades EXACTLY as I say."

So essentially, I think it is very misleading and irresponsible to tell traders that if they do EXACTLY as he says, they will make money. Because, IT JUST AIN'T TRUE!!!! Trading is NOT THAT EASY. If something worked like that, we'd all be rich. Trading is hard. And it takes work. And time. There are no shortcuts. And even superego said that he didn't believe in "gurus".

I tried to say trading should be "simple". But I never said it was "easy".

Simple, to me, is understanding the approach to trading. That you need to be disciplined, focused, dedicated, responsible, accountable....professional in your approach. I believe that this is something that can be told and can benefit anyone. Certainly CAN"T HURT!!! And I think that's the difference between what I had to say, and what superego had to say. I tried to convey the stuff that I think could and should add to what a trader needs to know. But if I am wrong about everything, there can be no harm. I am not telling them what to trade, when to trade or how to trade. So I can't be that wrong. It can't be too costly to do what I suggested.

So if you feel that someone can teach you how to trade by telling you specifically what and when to do it, then go ahead and give it a shot! Do support and resistance work? Sure they do, but to read them perfectly while they are happening is a little out of my league. But I day trade. So if you are a swing trader, I am sure that TA has more value. Remember that support and resistance and moving averages and Bollinger Bands and RSI and MACD and superegos' stochastics, and all other oscillators are backward looking indicators. This can give you a nice "big picture", but for daytraders, a big picture doesn't seem IMO to mean too much. Of course I can be wrong about every single thing I said and have believed. So please, let me know how it works out. Superegos lessons are all right there for you to follow.

The only direct question I tried to ask Superego was "why stochastics rather than any of the other oscillators?" His answer was I should read about them. I have, (both before and since) and I still don't understand why or if one should have more value than another. And I got the impression neither did he. This (among other things) led me to believe he was making it up as he went along. He so much as stated the whole thing was a farce to show nothing works. Do you remember that?

As for Tampa....nice beaches, great sailing, horrible baseball team, potential with their football team, and generally nice weather. I LOVE TAMPA!

PS: Sorry Babak, but I just got sucked in and then carried away:(

:) RS7

#78     Aug 26, 2002
  9. rs7, only you could apologize while in the same instance 'bust my chops', you are amazing. but i thoroughly enjoyed its subtle style and since we are as you say "friends" (btw, thankyou for this) i will take no offense :)

your friend,

FasterPussycat:cool:

ps thanks also for the lengthy post. i will read again and respond.

#79     Aug 26, 2002
  10. rs7

rs7

I am glad you take no offense, 'cause non was intended.

But be warned....when you are silly, I may not be able to help myself from futher ball busting:)

Your friend,
    :)RS7

#80     Aug 26, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.