Vote: The best virtue in trading: Good things take time.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by OddTrader, Nov 20, 2006.

Success in Trading is all about Time.

1. Yes; That's my secret to success.

30 vote(s)
    73.2%
  2. No; I don't need that at all.

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Unsure; What exactly is that?

5 vote(s)
    12.2%

1. Wait, let me get it straight.... you are assuming that great minds think alike even though they are not interacting with each other??

#11     Nov 23, 2006
  2. bighog

bighog Guest

rateesquad

BINGO. AGREED

Think back when you were learning to trade. (and in learning to trade i mean you were trading REAL money) and were not making any progress to become a winner. Though during this learning process you were not losing any significant amount of money aside from normal small losses and office, business costs.

NOT losing is what kept you moving forward, you decided to soldier on, you steeled yourself. You, in your heart knew you were close. You were learning from mistakes and your sublimable mind kept saying.......... "easier, try easier, less is more you read somewhere, brains only take you so far, sometimes backing up is better than going forward," etc, etc.
    Quote from George Brett: "when i was coming up to bat in a clutch situation and i felt myself trying to strangle the bat with anxiety i told myself..........relax, relax george remember the basics just be ready when he gives you a good pitch" george then said: "i could feel my hands let up on ther bat and felt like i was ready for the job at hand"

Charting is not high math, it is a composit of the players actions in the mkt. You learn to predict how the players will react from their previous actions. MAN, it is never going to get easier than that WITHOUT Paul TUdor Jones or Stevie Porkchops calling you up first before they send in the programs.

It takes time, it gels like JELLO, it is fun.

#12     Nov 24, 2006
  3. No ..I never thought of that....

There are many ways to think while trading or think about trading.

Different strokes for different folks....

As a group of indivuals, each having terrific stuff, look at the same market, they are generally on the same effectiveness and efficiency levels for taking money out of the market during those times.

#13     Nov 24, 2006
  4. I totally agree ...

over time my edge makes me money

however ... I am humble to recognize that over time

my edge my disappear or my markets lose their
    volatiliy or I might lose my eyesight

:p

#14     Nov 24, 2006