Vote- PFE, C, GE, GM Best buy right now

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Clubber Lang, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Which stock will turn out to be the best buy for a long term hold (minimum of 5 years from now).

Please vote and also please state which one will be the worst.

Thank you.

2. look at a chart everything you mentioned is currently undervalued based on end of 2007 conditions that said with the current market sentiment i think we will go lower sooner than going back to those highs. there are a few exceptions just trade use stops and you should be fine...

3. Daal

Daal

you might get your principal back with pfe in 5 years. so thats my vote

4. S2007S

S2007S

I think all of them are great for a 5 year hold, I have seen too many DOW stocks in the last decade drop so hard only to run extremely high after they we so oversold.

MCD early 2003 dropped to $13-$15 a share, today $60

MO early 2003 dropped to $28-$30 a share, ran 4 years later $85 a share.

MRK Oct 2005 dropped to $26 early 2008 $60.00

PG early 2003 dropped $40-$42 late 2007 $70+

HON Sept 2002 $20-$22 July 2007 $60-$61

I think all those you mentioned, PFE, C, GE and GM will all be higher within 5 years.

And think of this, how can you go wrong when all 4 pay GREAT DIVIDENDS

PFE 6.9%

C 6%

GE 4%

GM 5.9%

I say buy these and dont look at them till 2013.

:D

5. piezoe

piezoe

I don't know which will be best, but i imagine GM will be the worst performer, if indeed they still exist five years from now. They have no net earnings, they are paying dividends from cash flow (how long can that last?) So far as i know only the Federal government can do that for very long without going under. Their current liabilities are greater than their current assets, which is often are harbinger of bankruptcy. Their existence depends on selling assets and being able to raise more capital. But look at their debt position! Yikes! Would you loan them money?

All major car companies have tremendous debt, but some have net earnings. GM doesn't.