Vote in Poll Is the rally now over?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by retaildaytrader, Oct 31, 2009.

Is the current rally over?

1. Yes, it is over and we are going back to the March lows if not lower

17 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. Yes, it is over and we are going to retrace substantially, but not go back to the March lows.

18 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Yes, its over and we will retrace 5-10%.

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Yes, its over, but only temporarily until it picks up.

11 vote(s)
    14.1%
  5. No, its not over. CNB has it wrong this time.

20 vote(s)
    25.6%
  1. I would like to gauge trader's sentiment with this poll. Please keep this thread free of banter and non-trading related talk. I would like this thread to be a serious discussion and poll about if the current rally is over. Thanks

2. Two considerations:

Vix spike over 30 (last time was July)

Trend-line violation (close to being confirmed)

I don't like to make predictions, due to having to eat my words.

What else?

3. Just want to gauge everyone's feelings and see what other people think on the matter.

You made two good valid points which are 1) trendline violation and 2) vix spike.

If everyone could take a moment to vote, thanks...

4. wutang

wutang

I'd say place your bets in the opposite direction of the side that gets the most votes.

5. LOL,

Even though I am SUPER BEARISH on the US MARKET, how can you start a poll like this when you have yet to have a 10% correction on the 50% rally?

And you guys make money trading?

6. Yep. I can't speak for the others though.

Last week's action raised some red-flags, hence the vote.

as always, time will tell.

7. Speedemon

Speedemon

Oh course it's over. the market needs momentum to rise. The market will fall on it's own weight.

I see a kilroy in our future as the the government won't have any tools to buffer the fall this time.

It will be back. 2012 looks good if the world doesn't end.

8. Nexen

Nexen

I think the best answer is not available in the poll.

"I don't have a fucking clue, I will let supply and demand at support and resistance show me the way instead"

9. Just collecting ideas for now. Its free to post here so why not throw up a poll to see what everyone is thinking?

10. I am going to pop this one back up to the top one more time. Only 29 votes? Come on guys.

#10     Nov 1, 2009