Vote everyone out

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lucias, Sep 13, 2011.

Is everyone in office going to be forced out soon?

1. Yes. People are mad. They're not going to take it anymore.

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. No. Same ole, same ole. Nothing ever changes.

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  3. I don't know. What's the question?

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Lucias

Lucias

I got a feeling that American politics is about to be shaken up in a big way. I don't see anyone surviving who is currently in office. We had Arab Spring, we had riots in Greece, Africa, and in Israel.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I hoping for that in the 2010 midterm elections. McCain and Reid both survived.

3. bone

bone

Ric, you could certainly make the case that the November 2008 elections and the November 2010 elections were primers.

The November 2010 elections:

* President Obama lost more seats in his first midterm election than any president since Warren G. Harding's Republicans suffered a 77-seat setback in 1922.

* The Democrats' four years in control of the House of Representatives was the shortest tenure for one party atop that chamber since the Republicans were voted out in 1954 after just two years in charge.

* House Democrats will have their smallest number of members since they had 188 after the 1946 election.

* There will be more Republican women in Congress than any other time in American history.

4. Vote everyone out.

Knock yourself out. I ain't voting. I'm taking a bleacher seat.:D

5. Max E.

Max E.

I think at this point the best we can hope for those 2 old bastards is that they just die quickly, cause the only way they are leaving is on a gurny.

6. bone

bone

WASHINGTON | Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:03am EDT

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama faces deep skepticism from swing voters who see the Republican party as more in tune with their concerns about government spending, according to a poll released on Tuesday.

7. bone

bone

Ric, regarding the timing here, feeling a bit unsettled about NY-9 ?

8. bone

bone

Poll shows 'gaping divide' between Democrats and 'switchers'

By Aamer Madhani, USA TODAY

President Obama is lagging behind Republicans in the chase for political moderate voters in 12 battleground states, according to a new poll by the centrist Democratic group Third Way.

By Kevin Lamarque, AP

About 59% of "switchers," voters who backed Obama in 2008 but voted for a Republican in the midterm elections, say the president's party is more liberal than they are and that their political views align more closely with Republicans. Among the 400 switchers polled, 16% said they would vote for Obama again; 25% said they would back the Republican nominee; and 59% were categorized as "persuadable switchers."

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Don't give me any ideas. :)

10. You have no right to complain then .

#10     Sep 13, 2011