Vonage

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by WallstYouth, May 23, 2006.

1. IT's going go down, sell or short.

#22     Jun 14, 2006
  2. stockbb10

stockbb10

I think this will see $5-$7 very soon

#23     Jun 20, 2006
  3. I think it will see 15-17 very soon

Internet phone revolution CANT be denied

This is just stupid selling

easy buy here since the selling seems ot be dying down.

#24     Jun 21, 2006
  4. Adobian

Adobian

I am thinking of Subscibing to Vonage. But I am also looking at Skype. Could someone compare these two ? Thanks

#25     Jun 22, 2006
  5. Peppy

Peppy

You need a pc to use Skype service vs only a voip router from vonage to use their service. When I did some search on Skype a month ago, there had some really unhappy customers due to billing problem. So I ordered vonage. What happened was while the voice quality is great, the background noise is too "load", and it took me more than 45 minutes just to cancel the service (30mins on hold, they did however offer 2 free months which I declined).

Hope this help.

#26     Jun 22, 2006
  6. Maybe when there's ubiquitous WiFi or Wimax. For now, having to pay $30/month on top of the cost of your broadband connection doesn't seem like it will attract the masses.

Also, selling something everyone wants doesn't guarantee success - look at T and VZ. Or WRSP. Another strike against VG is that its founder and CEO paid a settlement to the SEC a few years ago for trading abuses - even though he didn't admit guilt, this is a turnoff for some investors.

#27     Jun 22, 2006
  7. bidrec

bidrec

Well, it's been about a month since the Vonage IPO and the [limited] statistics for last month's securities lending are out. Somebody was immediately lending and borrowing the stock on the IPO as per Data Explorers.

www.dataexplorers.co.uk

performanceexplorers

SUMMARY STATISTICS

register for free and log in

scroll down to Equities by Fee

#28     Jun 29, 2006