Vonage IPO

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by andrejbl, May 8, 2006.

1. This was already planned by these piker investors in the first place. See this previous post before the IPO

#51     Jun 4, 2006
  2. Looks like VG is the dummy this time....

Instead of dumping, they are getting dumped-on. Usually it's the other way around.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060604/vonage_suit.html?.v=2

"Vonage Holdings Corp. is the target of a class action lawsuit that claims the Internet phone company improperly steered consumers toward investing in its $531 million initial public offering."

#52     Jun 4, 2006
  3. delta1

delta1

Anyone join the class action suit?

#53     Jun 5, 2006
  4. VG is quite unlucky :(, I doubt any of those investors would've even read top secret info about the company if it were sent to their hands.
    Anyways, now we know that we should make our own contracts in real estate etc bulletproof :p

#54     Jun 6, 2006
  5. Time to bail.
    Out!

#55     Jun 6, 2006
  6. Sour grapes by fast money gamblers that lost.

I give them umgatz.

#56     Jun 6, 2006
  7. gimp570

gimp570

Finally had a few up days ...does anyone like it long from here???

At least you know your down side

#57     Sep 13, 2006
  8. this company has no value-add over AT&T or comcast. I expect chap. 11 is no more then 4 years out.

-krazy

#58     Sep 13, 2006
  9. gimp570

gimp570

chapter 11...not likely

#59     Sep 13, 2006
  10. narballs

narballs

i doubt a ch 11. But check this out... This is a statement released by vonage.

The price you will pay in this offering for each share of our common stock will exceed the per share value attributed from our tangible assets less our total liabilities. Therefore, if we distributed our tangible assets to our stockholders following this offering, you would receive less value per share of common stock than you paid in this offering. Assuming an initial public offering price of $17.00 per share (the midpoint of the range set forth on the cover page of this prospectus) the net tangible book value adjusted for the net proceeds of this offering at March 31, 2006 was approximately $433.1 million, or approximately $2.78 per share. Pro forma net tangible book value per share represents the amount of our total consolidated tangible assets less our total consolidated liabilities, divided by the total number of shares of common stock outstanding. Accordingly, if you purchase shares of our common stock in this offering you will suffer immediate dilution of $14.22 per share in pro forma net tangible book value. This dilution is due in large part to the fact that our earlier investors paid substantially less than the initial public offering price when they purchased their shares of our capital stock and the losses we have incurred.

#60     Sep 13, 2006