Vonage IPO

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by andrejbl, May 8, 2006.

1. Yeah UBS is who I also went with, I wish more companies would do incentives like this.

#21     May 9, 2006
  2. Any idea what the per share price will be for us to buy in?

#22     May 9, 2006
  3. You may want to visit
    www.vonageipo.com

expected ipo price range mentioned there is $16.00-18.00/shr

#23     May 9, 2006
  4. The fine print for the Vonage customer IPO offering states that you must fund the limited brokerage account within three days AFTER Vonage trades publicly. It also says that in order to receive profits from the sale of these offered shares you must fund the account.

Would it then be possible to make a conditional offer for IPO shares and then sit on it for a day after the shares trade public? If it's in the money then sell the shares and fund the account. Otherwise walk away.

Is this realistic or am I being overly opportunistic here. It seems like a risk free bet. Will men with guns knock on my door if I don't pay up and walk away from the transaction?

#24     May 9, 2006
  5. TGM

TGM

when is the actual IPO date? I have never fooled with a stock until well after it went public. I have a feeling in this market in enviroment ---Vonage could get interesting.

#25     May 9, 2006
  6. jebara

jebara Guest

5/23/2006 Thats what the site is saying.

#26     May 9, 2006
  7. DaveWeis

DaveWeis

A little off the subject, but I am looking at investing in Vonage on 5/23. I have never invested in a company this early in the game. Once a company releases its shares to the public can I buy and sell them as I want?

#27     May 9, 2006
  8. Voip providers don't make money and are essentially budding telcos (the ones that are not already backed by telcos). Telcos aren't pushing as hard as they can to gain market share because they make more money off wireless and plain old telephone service. No sane person would invest $2k/ telco customer in a losing venture. Hell, even the telcos can charge for extra services unlike Vonage and its suite of offerings. Remember, Netzero still hasn't found a suitable suitor.

Cramer was right when he called voip a destructive technology.

#28     May 9, 2006
  9. Well I finally went to sign up at vonageipo.com and it seems you have to be a US Citizen, not just permanent resident what kind of ass backward requirement is this???

#29     May 9, 2006
  10. Aren't you glad now?

#30     May 24, 2006