Vonage IPO

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by andrejbl, May 8, 2006.

1. I like Lingo better than vonage.
    *This is talking about the actual VOIP service, nothing having to do with the Vonage IPO*

#11     May 8, 2006
  2. Plugged my wireless phones into the router and started talking. No issues at all. My neighbor took his Radio Shack wireless units and plugged into his Vontage service also. No issues.

I pay online so I don't have any concern about one stop billing either. I use Quickbooks so it does not matter how many vendors need payment. Got Quickbooks for $30 at eBay.

Heavy debt? Sounds just like a lot of other business operations. Not too worried about that. :)

#12     May 8, 2006
  3. Where can I find more information about this ? I've been with vonage for about 3 years now. Nothing on their website at all did you call their corporte office?

#13     May 8, 2006
  4. andrejbl

andrejbl

5. Anyone have any idea how much vonage is worth.

I'm guessing 100-200M ?? If that

#15     May 8, 2006
  6. You hit the nail on the head.

Best prospect is that Vonage will be bought out by the big players for their customer base. Judging from how mature & competitive the telecom industry is, that is probably what will happen. Organic growth becomes hard to come by so consolidation takes place en masse. Doubt it will be right away, probably take 1-2 years at the least.

I think you guys getting the early IPO will be nicely in the money when it it actually opens up on the exchange. I would load up, VOIP still has some hype left in it.

#16     May 8, 2006
  7. Yes I totally agree, the only thing i'm worried about is the vesting period. 2-4 months seems reasonable but anything after that could be a huge risk, especially when they dont make '07 earning predictions.

#17     May 8, 2006
  8. There is no lock-up period for the 31,250,000 shares offered in this IPO. The 180-day lock-up only applies to the existing common stock that are currenly held privately. From the prospectus:

Prior to this offering, there was no public market for our common stock. Upon completion of the offering, we will have outstanding an aggregate of 155,732,440 shares of our common stock excluding 17,826,424 shares issuable upon conversion of the convertible notes. Of these shares, all of the shares sold in this offering will be freely tradeable without restriction or further registration under the Securities Act, unless those shares are purchased by "affiliates" as that term is defined in Rule 144 under the Securities Act.

The remaining 124,482,440 shares of common stock will be "restricted securities," as defined in Rule 144. Restricted securities may be sold in the public market only if registered or if they qualify for an exemption from registration under Rules 144 and 144(k) promulgated under the Securities Act, which rules are summarized below. Upon expiration of the lock-up agreements described under "—Lock-Up Agreements," 180 days after the date of this prospectus, all of these shares will be eligible for sale in the public market pursuant to Rule 144 or Rule 144(k). We expect that many of these shares will be sold when these lock-ups expire.

The only catch is that you need to open a "limited purpose" brokerage account with either Citigroup/SSB, Deutsche Bank or UBS in order to participate in the IPO. Any shares allocated to you will be deposited into this account. After that, you can always transfer the shares to a regular trading account but that could take several days.

#18     May 8, 2006
  9. Any idea who the underwriter(s) are?

#19     May 9, 2006
  10. I'm also thinking of getting some of these IPO shares (I'm a customer). It seems buying thru UBS might work best (0.06/shr to sell) vs. 0.12+ for Citi and Deutsche.

think this is worth loading up?

#20     May 9, 2006