Volumes and analytics thread

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Alex_S, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Alex_S

Alex_S

Hello everyone!My name is Alex and I will post here some of my strategies which are based on volume consolidations, trades, levels that are important for my opinion and of course some useful material and analytics..

To start with here is one of today`s trades which was made from 1,4983 and 1,4985 levels

[​IMG]

after appearance of large tick volumes at the top of the day, and pullback from them

[​IMG]

2. Alex_S

Alex_S

Current S&P index by each sector:

[​IMG]

3. Alex_S

Alex_S

Gold top trades:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Alex_S

Alex_S

Well today I traded only 2 markets...s&p here are still not working orders:

[​IMG]

and working orders on gold:

[​IMG]

s&p long would be based on yesterday`s large consolidations on closing and gold short is based on anomally large splash of positions at the top of the day

5. Alex_S

Alex_S

nice s&p today:

[​IMG]

6. Alex_S

Alex_S

Found interesting stuff
    Today there were earnings news about Wells Fargo, much better than estimated:

[​IMG]

10/10/09 four insiders bought Wells Fargo shares:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think such information would be useful anyway, especially before earnings reports..

7. Alex_S

Alex_S

Someday I hope I will become just an analyst...

[​IMG]

8. Alex_S

Alex_S

NYSE stocks as an alternative for Forex and Futures:

I started to look at shares, it became interesting to make at least the most simple system.

So I have looked at BAC, APPLE, Cisco, IBM, MSFT, APA...

I was surprised. On futures daily levels work from time to time, and it is not enough just to use on futures daily volumes...for futures there are other strategies..But on shares daily levels are working more accurately. It is the most simple trading system which it is possible to use.

The matter is that on futures risks in times more than on shares. That means that investor may cause serious damage to deposit after 3 trades... On shares that would be much harder. If to talk about expensive shares (google for example), then risk is comparable. If to trade shares which price is less than 50$, risk is not big, but at the same it is possible to get without serious problems about 10-15 % in month.

Actually it is even simplier than its looks. I think that this information remains not without interest. On an example shares of APPL from 06.10.09 until now, and Ihave simply started to set a range of large volume of last days, and considered more or less nearby standing levels.

Here`s what I got:

07.10:

[​IMG]

08.10:

[​IMG]

09.10:

[​IMG]

12.10:

[​IMG]

9. Alex_S

Alex_S

13.10: