Volume

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by traitor786, Jan 15, 2013.

1. I am distilling the facts for you.

Now you can deal with volume.

I chose the conventional planar arrangement since I could choose anything I wanted. Zreo volume is an axis.

By this arrangement there are 10 subsets of the End Effects that are possible. The subsets, as expected fit into containers. Each element is unique as expected.

By now you can understand why no one else has done this before. So I represent the term "occupy" as an individual that the FI never wanted to "occupy".

As you see, I need to post with greater redundancy from this point forward. The reason is this. In all learning, there is a point where tests go beyond regurgitation. At this point A and B have a relationship and that being true a person can be given C and asked to find D by the same means.

Regurgitators cannot read the "means" in my writings. I can recite the means as I did for volume but you cannot "get it".

So it turns out there are 56 lments in the RDBMS. They are "connected" by what is known as Logic Theory which may not be violated. Operators are the technical term for connecting. Four classes of operators exist. As in music, there are standards for the mathematical display of the system.

Not stats, no scalping.

Emotions of doing a system where you always "know that you know" are comfort, support and confidence.

I use PEP in three pragmatic applications. Each is one a "one pager": PVT, SSR and SCT. Get those pages.

One last thing, time is NOT a variable in market analysis.

#31     Jan 17, 2013
  2. Paddler

Paddler

No! Stick with volume. A property market is booming because there are less sellers than buyers. Sellers are in control of the price. You want to be a seller in a booming market in order to profit. If you are not, buy some property timely and quickly and become a seller. You want to monitor the "minority-ness" of the sellers. The up and down you see in price is the actions in the faster fractal than one that qualifies booming and busting.

#32     Jan 17, 2013
  3. Happy b day, dont party too hard.

#33     Jan 18, 2013
  4. Week 2 - It was an eye opening past week!

On my "way", I learnt a bit about "Worrying". Extinguished, it brings open positivity.

Hopefully you had a fun celebration this week end!

In general, it seems like we are on the same page. Faith kicking in, blind or not, would be a blessing !!!! Cross my fingers.

Sensing a familiar situation arising, I am excited to see how efficiently the hurdle of a common disconnect is handled.

If your time is still here for a bit, I wonder if I should try to move my charts from this thread. It would be good Karma on my part to offer you a link (free from my distractive tangents to the past) to give to your fiends that may not find themselves in the middle of the Neuro- Spectrum.

I think I have already seen some that managed to find their way and that on its own is a great gift.

Also, it would be kinda symbolic, lets see how it unfolds.

Have a good weekend ! and as always thank you for your time.

#34     Jan 19, 2013
  5. When I look at what may be a bit too far back, I see familiarity. Charts, trend lines, volume calculated in traditional 5 min chatrs, and 2 or 3 basic indicators.

Evolution has clearly taken place over the years. Seems like my charts once upon a time may have been possibly profitable at one point. Well, if there was a clean system with clearer rules as to a end of trend A/D Price and volume

It was such a simple start that quickly begun to evolve week by week.

I am wondering is your older work still holds true ? Either way all knowledge is good, but is it safe to trade those ideas ?

#35     Jan 19, 2013
  6. Saying Time is NOT a variable results in the same breakdown in performance in trading as is seen in any other application where time over distance over space is involved. If such a belief system was applied to modern science we would not have our modern communication system and GPS wouldn't work.

If Time was not a variable, linear price cycles would be reliable. The reason they fail is precisely because time is not linear and it is because the market is not 2 dimensional that Time has to be a variable. Without understanding that reality the market structures appears to Fail To Traverse.

The FTT is the gap in your thinking caused by misunderstanding time proving you're stuck in backward CW thinking in a modern age. Almost all traders think in linear time structures and this causes you to work too hard on structural dynamics when the market has hidden natural structures where understanding the time variable is the key to revealing these structures.

Volume works best in structural settings and your CW approach has over complicated the natural simplicity of market movement and timing. If there is a proper foundation, such a concept can be taught in 3 days in a single 60m session per day. Thereafter it proves itself intraday everyday many times.

I understand where you are coming from - it is the same place we all started from with CW linear thinking. If you studied Hurst you would be better able to understand why distortion occurs in any movement and then you only need to add in the Time variable to see the structure using a slightly more developed method than you now employ.

You've been knocking at this door for years. Isn't it time you developed your thinking a little more and opened it?

#36     Jan 20, 2013
  7. Redneck

Redneck

On one level, I agree with your analogy;

In a normal sales transactions – your example of property/ home sales for instance – the amount of supply / demand for a product will dictate the price

So yes, either the buyers, or sellers will be in control – and obviously the other side must comply if a transaction is to be had

However the mkt does not work this way – granted, on the surface it sometime appears as if it does…, and, there is a billion dollar propaganda campaign to convince us it does

But it does not

==============================================

So, if price is neither controlled by the buyers or sellers – then who….

Price is controlled by the few – and whether the few are buying, or selling – after – having successfully transferred shares away from… or to – the majority

Panics / shocks not with standing obviously

Granted, if the majority is to participate in the mkt – they must follow price (similar to the buyer/ seller being in control example)

Except in the mkt, price movement is typically a very well choreographed follow the leader – where the leader is doing the opposite (at key points) from what it appears

This axiom holds across all the times btw (and I don’t mean time frames – be they chart or otherwise)

Also, Fractals are not time frames

===================================================

Aside;

What has always puzzled me – is how the few are able to affect a transfer with out significantly moving price – at least until that transfer is complete/ mostly complete – at which time then they’ll allow price to shoot off.

Always something to learn - always... always... always

RN

#37     Jan 20, 2013
  8. Open minds don't develop they learn, closed minds develop.

AS always any advice is welcome. Ill read your post again as I'm sure there's a bone in there somewhere seeing as it was given here.

There are "doors" to learning, just type "learn to day trade in 24 hours" and up will pop ones own demise. So, I have not been knocking for years. My intuition is not stupid. Me on the other, hand, well that is debatable.

CW means nothing to me did I look it up? I really have no idea. OODA was on you tube so the idea remains but not a single label will be there. The conclusion is all I need. If you call me lazy, then I challenge you to a work ethic stand off. Well, you are here Saturday so you get some credit.

What time zone are we in ?

You are saying time is not an issue for this. Great! Tick charts or the XXX charts it is then. I originally thought they made more sense. So we are agreed on tick charts? or do i need access to level/T and S and take that data in to excel in a rawer format ?

If we are moving back to volume, lets move a bit further to what is the system and why is it fed through NLP?

I have been reading. Half the time I start reading in the middle. Cause I have to choose the arrows. Reading in ABC fashion is not working. I think it is supposed to be more like...

1 Post A.
    2 (Google search/ ET search for the definition of a 2 letter acronym)
    3 Post B

Instead, I get ...
    1. Post A (Et search a two letter abbreviation and find thread y post t)
    2. See If Post A is simply a post to get me go to thread y post t. as clearly this is maze.
    3 From there, let curiosity make me search FTT .. I am guided to post r by an unknown person form 2004.
    4. Eventually I come back here and and get to post B.

NLP by definition is "Choose your own adventure" One thing better then a dog in a cage getting a bone is a dog out of a cage getting many bones.

I did not focus on CW cause arrows directed me elsewhere, to be open, I must assume that needed information may not be on this site, nor may it be on the internet, nor may it need to be available to me. My mind is open. ill search CW.

I have came across some technical ideas ftp's, ftt, volume goes up price continues and volume goes down price turns around....

But the jumping from place to place makes me believe that it cant be that easy. If it were, it would be that easy. Instead there is a chance that there is no system at all.

NLP is keeping my mind busy while hopefully my subconscience mind is learning a way to make money in some field... Or, I am being brainwashed by the government to create currency demand through leverage. Or my sub conscience mind is being trained to not let emotion get in to my trading (the one problem I do NOT have), So I hope it is not that.

From my understanding of NLP I could not be doing better ! Occasionally I start to hyper jump around and just as I doubt my path I see in a post "excellent use on NLP !! ", it say guess. I am on track I think lol

consciencly little is being retained, it may be better read a thread from the start?

Am I on the right path ? Scratch that.. am I navigating properly ?

I will now show you where I was led through the use of acronyms, references to people that I do not know ect. It is different idea .....

Sorry about the vent I havent slept for X time/ days

#38     Jan 20, 2013
  9. No red lines in this one so it may require more effort.

I had decided to remove my forks, use tick charts and such as asked.

Now I have been pointed to NOT do that. At this time NLP has pointed me to an old idea that once crossed my mind. The idea was flashed in front of me and it tells me to stick to what I know but in a new way. ( I hope the intentions were to make me realize to stay open over follow?)

I heard once someone built a trading system based on the stars. I was not shocked. A set of data runs historically in tandem with another set, the trend has no reason to be intact but it has for years. To me it is not that much more different then an indicator. (I admit math may prove me wrong.. I will doubt it until I agree).

At this point I have come across an old idea. There is no reason for all the math to be associated with the market (as I think I read on my journey to this here destination)

When people back test, they create math out side of the market and then bring it back in. An indicator takes in data and pops out an exact number and spits it to us. The system is trusted cause the out puts is exact. But it is not consistently a correct

Instead, an new indicator would be programmed in a new language. and on an old pc. Who knows the older the better ?

It will run data in a new way, instead of looking at only one concept with an exact number that has low probability or being right., it will look at many concepts that it finds but give a vague out put. Though the out put value may be off by a certain standard deviation, it will hopefully be more consistently correct

I is kinda like the high win rate vs high profit per trade,
    but here we have accurate data vs more constant vague data.

(p0+p1+p2)/3 = avg P short
    (q0+q1+q2)/3 = avg q long

if p >q buy and if p>q sell.

it will be replaced by:

based system observation, enter

This parallels something previously mentioned. Since there is no exact figure, exiting is more subjective, since the system is correct more often then not your exit strategy makes sense :

Hold as long as what is not supposed happen does not happen.
    Or more risky:
    Hold as long as what is supposed to happen is happens.

I am often fitting your posts to my ideas. It seems amazing how much in common they are, minus the organization.(This goes for my previous charts too. forks/channels)

Though it seems my understanding of your exit works well for my new system , I highly doubt they have anything in common.

set me on a path here

#39     Jan 20, 2013
  10. Let me try to actually give it a written shot. (Probably a big mistake. )

So, the market is too efficient. Price is agreed upon too often. The majority buy and the majority sell. Then there is the minority.
    Putting aside propaganda. (clearly this is not a tangent you want to through me off on) This may mean that the minority work in the present and the majority (buy side or sell side) are only allowed to enter the present when transacting with the minority or if the minority get squeezed out (panic) ?

Or not even close...

It amazing how wrong things can make so much sense lol

As for the leader, you are implying that he sets the trend and people follow, then he switches sides suddenly to profit from followers once there are enough ??..

A seller needs to sell. Either it is not in his field to sell or he needs to hide his transaction or for another reason. So he outsources the headache of selling high volume over a spread out amount of time so as not to change price to much and increase the swing traders profits.

"how the few are able to affect a transfer with out significantly moving price"

He may be given price constraints. So we see a high volume bar close at a price (constraint) followed by regular trading. Once price is back in the range he would buy again. (see above charts, resistance at ranging bars not highs)

He could enter based on knowing there is sufficient volume on on the opposite side and price need not be the main worry.

If such work was outsourced (not sure why I assumed that, it could be in house) An ideal job to have is to not make money of trades but rather try to move volume at preferred price (or try to save a client money)

Alot of playing around could be done here. One could actually begin by going the opposite way of their intention. This would create a favorbale trend. He could also control how well defined the trend is. and develop followers, then based on the number of participants (HELD volume) (which can be estimated in this situation) and price he could either turn around with his real intentions or simply nibble at trend lines, or create an expanding channel which takes money out of the trend without reversing it .

#40     Jan 20, 2013