Volume

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by accutrader, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Hahaha! You are only giving me 'chapter one', you funny little pumpkin head! How am i supposed to know the end of the story with the rubbish that you post!?

#41     Mar 27, 2010
  2. Okay, if you are going to call my question rubbish, I am going to take my toys and go home,

#42     Mar 27, 2010
  3. The combination of knowledge and skills that people build over time becomes part ot the quality and quantity of their first recourse as they trade.

It is certainly alright for any person to be at any point in that process. Th process for people goes on at various rates and various plateaux are reached as time passes.

In the econometrics from just localities to global interfaces difffering stages are contemporary at any given time. The context of this Depression is significant in 2010. there is a whole range of understandings of this matter.

For me, it was very significant to reach a given point in the econometric process. My combination of knowledge and skills allow me to recognize what is going on on all fractal levels from the finest granularity to the very coarse Depression level that is years and years in length as it is processed from beginning to end.

Everyone has the stages of this Depression in hand as a common set of knowledge. different people at different stages of life get to experience the process of this Depression with varying sensitivities. Now, we are going from point 2 to point 3.

The segment from 01SEP09 to point 3 is worth focussing on in a step by step manner.

Personally, I have responsibilities as I participate in ET. They are spread over all the levels of the members knowledge and skills spectrum. From a binary vector viewpoint no one is standing still. People are either going towards expert or they are going towards the exit as traders. It is not a "War of the Titans" there are not little owls around nor are ther poets or authors of tragedies.

The path from 01SEP10 to point 3 all involves more than the simple pattern od three dsimple moves being directly observable. In chesse's terms the gyrations have some nuances.

The FTT that will mark point 3 and become the left side of the nonstationarity is an important event. When the first "provisional FTT occured, it was an important marker simply because of the implications of th reat of the process of the Depression.

It is like the way GM went about its relationship with Toyota. The 16 Samuri of GM became trained by Toyata to save GM. they didn't and the market share went down 11 percent in 10 years. then years and years past an the management and the unions could not get together to invoke the Toyota approach.

In 75 years approximately, Toyota has just closed its first plant that has ever been closed. These are companies that have learned from each other on an open playing field.

Traders do learn from each other. Both have skills and knowledge and for each it is different.

Someone other than I has explained to you the 01SEP10 call and why it was stated the way it was. Having the first provisional FTT on a Bull retrace in a Despression only occurs once. All other provisional FTT's are AFTER the first provisional FTT and BEFORE the final FTT.

Knowing that you know during this period is very important. Nothing changes for most traders who do not care or do not know. They have the consequences of their decisions.

I made a statement at the time and stated its importance. I want all families to do their best over the years as the Depression process unfolds. This is not a complex or complicated viewpoint.

Accutrader is picking up his marbles. Blox87 picked up his marbles. the three T's picked up their marbles.

All the time people pick up their marbles and head for the exit vis a vis trading.

The alternative is building a fully differentiated mind to be able to partner with the markets. What this means is that all the time a person has available as a first recourse just what he needs to merge inference (the contents of the differentiated mind) with the sensory moment and "know that he knows".

Shakespeare was a person who's mind was fully differentiated with respect to human nature and behavior. He could create any moment and have a unerring first recourse to write the subsequent words that were clear, crisp and concise(in the words of E. B. Whyte and Strunk).

My hope for Blox87 and accutrader where that they would continue to work to build their minds up on organized fully differentiated structure; they picked up their marbles instead.

There is no "my way or the highway". Those who invent viewing me as "my way or the highway" are choosing to do it because of their choices.

Your choices are your choices. To work your way out on a branch leads to the branch snapping when you get too far out.

Depressions are expressions of imbalances arriving as a consequence of integrity not holding sway. Integrity, as a first recourse, is always demanded; it is not a want or an art. It is what matters. Science brings that to all systems. Their structure, processes and results make anything possible for the differentiated mind.

#43     Mar 27, 2010
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

There's a lot of truth here. A good price action trader with many years under the belt as such will be able to see the volume within price itself without the use of any visual volume tools.

That trader can then choose to either continue using price with volume or price alone.

Mark

#44     Mar 28, 2010
  5. Trying to distill the comments, I get (in parenthesis)...
    The combination of knowledge and skills that people build over time becomes part ot the quality and quantity of their first recourse as they trade.
    (People are at different levels of knowledge.)

It is certainly alright for any person to be at any point in that process. Th process for people goes on at various rates and various plateaux are reached as time passes.
    (People learn at different speeds.)

In the econometrics from just localities to global interfaces difffering stages are contemporary at any given time. The context of this Depression is significant in 2010. there is a whole range of understandings of this matter.
    (Situations change over time.)

For me, it was very significant to reach a given point in the econometric process. My combination of knowledge and skills allow me to recognize what is going on on all fractal levels from the finest granularity to the very coarse Depression level that is years and years in length as it is processed from beginning to end.
    (I know stuff. [Maybe he is talking about the continuum of intraday fractals to Kondratiev waves. Not sure.])

Everyone has the stages of this Depression in hand as a common set of knowledge. different people at different stages of life get to experience the process of this Depression with varying sensitivities. Now, we are going from point 2 to point 3.
    (People are experiencing the economic downturn differently based on their age.)

The segment from 01SEP09 to point 3 is worth focussing on in a step by step manner.

Personally, I have responsibilities as I participate in ET. They are spread over all the levels of the members knowledge and skills spectrum. From a binary vector viewpoint no one is standing still. People are either going towards expert or they are going towards the exit as traders. It is not a "War of the Titans" there are not little owls around nor are ther poets or authors of tragedies.
    (People are learning stuff or giving up.)

The path from 01SEP10 to point 3 all involves more than the simple pattern od three dsimple moves being directly observable. In chesse's terms the gyrations have some nuances.
    (Stuff is going on in the market moves, fractally-speaking.)

The FTT that will mark point 3 and become the left side of the nonstationarity is an important event. When the first "provisional FTT occured, it was an important marker simply because of the implications of th reat of the process of the Depression.
    (Something happened at that point as a marker, even though it was only a minor pullback.)

It is like the way GM went about its relationship with Toyota. The 16 Samuri of GM became trained by Toyata to save GM. they didn't and the market share went down 11 percent in 10 years. then years and years past an the management and the unions could not get together to invoke the Toyota approach.
    (Stuff changes over time.)

In 75 years approximately, Toyota has just closed its first plant that has ever been closed. These are companies that have learned from each other on an open playing field.
    (Stuff changes over time. You learn new stuff.)

Traders do learn from each other. Both have skills and knowledge and for each it is different.
    (You learn new stuff.)

Someone other than I has explained to you the 01SEP10 call and why it was stated the way it was. Having the first provisional FTT on a Bull retrace in a Despression only occurs once. All other provisional FTT's are AFTER the first provisional FTT and BEFORE the final FTT.
    (The first marker occurs First, all others are after and occur before the Last one,)

Knowing that you know during this period is very important. Nothing changes for most traders who do not care or do not know. They have the consequences of their decisions.
    (I know stuff. Not knowing stuff is bad. Not finding out stuff is worse.)

I made a statement at the time and stated its importance. I want all families to do their best over the years as the Depression process unfolds. This is not a complex or complicated viewpoint.
    (Hope everybody's doing well. Not hard to understand.)

Accutrader is picking up his marbles. Blox87 picked up his marbles. the three T's picked up their marbles.
    (Some people have stopped reading my stuff.)

All the time people pick up their marbles and head for the exit vis a vis trading.
    (Happens a lot.)

The alternative is building a fully differentiated mind to be able to partner with the markets. What this means is that all the time a person has available as a first recourse just what he needs to merge inference (the contents of the differentiated mind) with the sensory moment and "know that he knows".
    (You can learn stuff and maybe see what is happening in the market.)

Shakespeare was a person who's mind was fully differentiated with respect to human nature and behavior. He could create any moment and have a unerring first recourse to write the subsequent words that were clear, crisp and concise(in the words of E. B. Whyte and Strunk).
    (Polonius reference.)

My hope for Blox87 and accutrader where that they would continue to work to build their minds up on organized fully differentiated structure; they picked up their marbles instead.
    (They didn't follow what I was saying and left.)

There is no "my way or the highway". Those who invent viewing me as "my way or the highway" are choosing to do it because of their choices.
    (Free will.)

Your choices are your choices. To work your way out on a branch leads to the branch snapping when you get too far out.
    (Free will. Choose wisely.)

Depressions are expressions of imbalances arriving as a consequence of integrity not holding sway. Integrity, as a first recourse, is always demanded; it is not a want or an art. It is what matters. Science brings that to all systems. Their structure, processes and results make anything possible for the differentiated mind.
    (Economic conditions can be affected by malfeasance. The affects can be scientifically analyzed. Think different [old Apple logo])

More matter, less art.

#45     Mar 28, 2010
  6. MM thanks for the (....) commentary...

It certainly will help others understand how a person uses what is already in his mind to read what others write.

What is neat is when people are able to learn as well.

Elswhere bighog comments on the goals of traders like himself and the person who is learning in the same general part of the "trader spectrum"; you may be in the same boat.

Here is a diagram that shows the spectrum of fractals over three levels. Call then slow medium and fast dark blue, green and light blue, repectively)

If a person trains his mind to know this pattern for price (as nested fractals) and adds the volume component, he can trade medium all the time and know all its turning points and carve each one.

Bighog, et al, will never look at markets to do this (he does use four charts on three different fractals, however). They are "good emough" meaning they may make some kind of living and take out of the market all the profits and just keep at the same capital level.

What is it like for experts who take the market's offer all the time and then plough their profits into further money making? The equity curve is dynamic and following a form of exponential growth.

In a Depression having an equity curve with exponential growth allows a person to be helpful to those who are troubled by living in depressed times.

8 trades @ 10% profit allows a person to double capital by compounding. In 2010 beginning in January as a trader, puts a beginning trader at 50% profits on 27 trades using position trading. The next 50% takes less time relative to original capital.

Read the n00bie threads by searching Traderzones. See how long it takes those n00b's to make money if they follow the generic advice of the CW orientation.

I am suggesting that a Depression can serve as an incentive to not just trade in a good "enough manner" since the market "telegraphs" the answers to the three key questions.

Nodoji suggests that there is a trading breakthrough when a person add "why" to understanding market acotion instead of not considering WHY. "Good enough" doesn't consider WHY. this is the cause of not knowing what is going on all the time.

Some people say that markets change and operate under different conditions over time. for them the trading in a Depression is different than trading in a non Depression period. What if a person knew "WHY" the market cycled the way it does on all fractals all the time? Then market c0onditions would be removed from the equation.

If you know WHY the market does as it does then you can see that the standard of effectiveness and efficiency is taking all that the market offers. Every day the market offers a multiple of the ATR. What is a practical multiple for a CW oriented trader? It is usually a fraction of the ATR. Anything more, as measured by the CW of TZ, etc is unbelievable and astonishing.

Thanks for this pic that was posted alsewhere.

[​IMG]

#46     Mar 28, 2010
  7. JScott

JScott

Excellent, very appreciated. That was the first time I've ever felt like I read a J.H. post without my eyes starting to bleed. No offense Jack.

#47     Mar 28, 2010
  8. Thank you. That was direct.

I do not ascribe any particular value to bashers, as in this I rather to choose to exercise my own free will of what to read and what to ignore, and that list changes periodically. Therefore...

Yes, as NoDoji said, the WHY is important - but there is more than one "WHY".

Self-similarity is the basis of a fractal. Depression may alter magnitudes, but not the foundation.

Multiples of ATR are possible based on structure - I think of it like a Hoberman sphere.

#48     Mar 28, 2010
  9. All you have to understand about trading is the following:

Do not try and bend the volume. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

There is no volume.

Then you'll see, that it is not the volume that bends, it is only the price.

#49     Apr 6, 2010
  10. =============
    Atrader;
    a] Easier said than done, but sometimes doable;
    b] diversification in time[some times months ],
    c] diversification in location.
    c] Since all markets may tend to over react, & overshoot[ also named trends] ;
    not necesarly a bad thing.

And in liquid markets;
    i dont assume one buyer & 1 seller only.......................... Maybe true sometimes in smaller markets. Actually some one tried to buy the same piece of real estate as me,once, so i simply dropped out of bidding[ so not to ''overpower price ''............................................................................

More than a few full page ads appear in traders mags;
    ads on your exact question............................................

#50     Apr 12, 2010