Volume

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by accutrader, Mar 20, 2010.

1. speres

speres

You dont use volume to determine support or resistance

:confused:

#31     Mar 26, 2010
  2. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

Based on the 2007-2009 there is no large number of "smart" money. Yes, some exist, but hardly a pebble in ocean of dumb money

#32     Mar 26, 2010
  3. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

Wack job

Look at that mess of a "chart", what a joke. Criminal

#33     Mar 26, 2010
  4. speres

speres

tell you the truth I would rather refer to smart and dumb money as strong hands and weak hands..

#34     Mar 26, 2010

5. If volume, or the effects of it, move price, then surely the price will reflect the volume signature?

#35     Mar 26, 2010
  6. Mike21

Mike21

Words of wisdom...

It's surprising how many 'so called' VSA experts can't comprehend this simple concept.

#36     Mar 26, 2010
  7. Jack's call was @ valid turning point
    [​IMG]

• tp.png
      File size:
      23 KB
      Views:
    #37     Mar 27, 2010

8. Volume: The Facts.

All traders should learn how volume affects price, without this knowledge of volume a trader will not fully appreciate the action of price.

Once a trader has become adept and proficient in the art of reading volume then the trader should no longer need to use it as a visual aid.

Price confirms volume.

#38     Mar 27, 2010
  9. Dackster said:

Volume: The Facts.

All traders should learn how volume affects price, without this knowledge of volume a trader will not fully appreciate the action of price.

Once a trader has become adept and proficient in the art of reading volume then the trader should no longer need to use it as a visual aid.

Price confirms volume.

Hi Dackster - Where would you have entered on the attached chart of TF #F from Friday? There was a high volume bar at 12:19:50 eastern. There was a head and shoulders, TF was moving into a triple break and 680.5 which was Wednesday's low.

Thanks

#39     Mar 27, 2010
  10. Well, a minor pullback in an uptrend doesn't really qualify as "significant", let alone "most significant" in 53 years (if that is actually what he said).

Much of what JH says seems to be pretty standard fare, but as Queen Gertrude said to Polonius in Hamlet, the general criticism has been...

"More matter with less a art."

Polonius:
    Your noble son is mad:
    Mad call I it, for to define true madness,
    What is't but to be nothing else but mad?
    But let that go.

Queen:
    More matter with less art.

Polonius:
    Madam, I swear I use no art at all
    That he's mad, 'tis true, 'tis true 'tis pity,
    And pity 'tis 'tis true—a foolish figure,
    But farewell it, for I will use no art.

#40     Mar 27, 2010