Volume problems with IB today

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by TMTrader, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Is it the only slow application at the same time? If it does it might be a java issue. Check another java application that you can run at the same time and see the performance than. It sounds like the application is simply slow and not a connection issue.

TM Trader

#21     Jul 22, 2003
  2. Hey Bob,

How are you?

Are you still wasting time there? Did someone once upon a time tell you not to reveal anything more than you should? Time to think about to leave before it is too late.

Regards,

No More.

#22     Jul 22, 2003
  3. Disable this wonderful MS feature.
    Its only purpose is to keep Sun Java from running
    smooth on your WinPC. Or simply switch to Linux.

:D

#23     Jul 22, 2003
  4. Bob111

Bob111

how i cal solve this problem?
    i did download 77+mb something from java site(like IB says), install it- but didn't help much.

Thank you!

#24     Jul 22, 2003
  5. Add a startup string like this to your TWS icon by right clicking on the icon and go to properties. (Of course the acutal location and name of your Java program might not be the same as mine.) In particular it is the '-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true' directive which might help performance.

"C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_03\bin\javaw.exe" -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -jar D:\Jts\jts.jar D:\Jts

Also make sure that the hardware acceleration on your video card is set to low or off.

Tell us what you did yesterday that might account for this slowness? Install a game? Upgrade something? Accidentally install something via the browser from one of those free media sites?

#25     Jul 22, 2003
  6. Bob111

Bob111

i did install new video card with dual output. maybe, i did install something, like been mentioned directx along with drivers for this card.

Thank you!

#26     Jul 22, 2003
  7. Maybe 95% of Sun Java JRE problems on a WinPC are related to video card drivers. You could also try different builds of your video card driver. Good luck !

#27     Jul 22, 2003
  8. Bob111

Bob111

thank you!
    i set hardware acceleration to minimum and it does help a lot)))
    thank you again!

#28     Jul 22, 2003
  9. You might want to update your video drivers anyway.

#29     Jul 23, 2003
  10. Bob111

Bob111

i wish i can)))there is no updates for nvidia FX cards ))))

Thank you!

#30     Jul 23, 2003