Volume on Stock Charts NOT ACCURATE!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jaytrader100, May 23, 2008.

1. sg20

sg20

You have to be an independent thinker to stay in this game; do your own analysis and take the words of others with you own judgment. If you open up any chart you'll see that volume raised when prices break out, no need to argue about the little subject; volume increased when there's a mass buy or sell. Don't just stay in one place or the market will lure you to sleep; be actively involved.

sg20

#11     May 27, 2008
  2. Funny how this thread has turend into an ideology of independent thinking... I am only trying to let those who follow teh hershey method and expect a cut and dry money making machine to realize that the volume they see is not exaclty accurate and it si gettign elss and less accurate.. this post ahs nothin to do with wanting someone to make calls etc.

#12     May 27, 2008
  3. sg20

sg20

I can't believe you guys still haunt your favorite Hershey after a thousand threads or so. Walk away if you don't like it.

#13     May 27, 2008
  4. I keep reading about this in various articles besides this one but its still not clear...

Not even this article...only the statement by Ralph A seems like a dark warning... and that seems to be non-pursued as far as a follow up... reporting

By exchange rules... All Trades Made on listed stocks (sp500, etc) are to be reported (and their volume) to the CONSOLIDATED TAPE within 90 seconds...

The volume may be a lot more fragmented by coming from dark pools and crossing networks and what not but its still all reported as far as i know...

even the big houses rely on the volume figures from the exchanges... unless their is a exclusive subscription to a data feed for just them...

anybody...

everybody??

thanks...

edge...

#14     May 27, 2008
  5. I know nothing about the Hershey method, but in regard to volume from dark pools, they are still required to print all transactions on one of the exchanges, according to what I read in this article (about 11 paragraphs down). Now WHEN they must print the volume is another question - immediately? End of day??

http://www.nysun.com/business/dark-pools-threaten-wall-street/64598/

Edit: Looks like Edge beat me to the punch on the same item in the previous post...

#15     May 27, 2008
  6. sg20

sg20

squat

Quote from sg20:
    "I can't believe you guys still haunt your favorite Hershey after a thousand threads or so. Walk away if you don't like it."

Quote from squad:
    "Stop your whining bitch"
    "Same for you dickhead, mind your own fucking business.. or are we destroying the illusion of your guru?"

Some guy got pissed off and send me a PM above. - You can jump on Hershey all you want sniper, I'm have nothing to do with him but if you want to talk to me just go ahead and post, I have nothing to worry about.

sg20

#16     May 27, 2008
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

not some guy just the same old delusional T28 dude.:D

#17     May 27, 2008
  8. sg20

sg20

nkhoi, I'm not sure what that is but I suppose it's a none issue then.

sg20

#18     May 27, 2008