Volume of DIA, QQQQ, SPY at record levels

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Nov 21, 2008.

1. volume of the futures contracts and etfs are at record levels. Volume has held steady at elevated levels since September when the recent downtrend began. This actually doesn't bode well for shorts.

The very high volume means that the market can easily surge 10%-15 in a few days due to the symetry law, and then hold those gains befiore rising evemore.

Only if the volume contants considerably as in the case of Japan and Germany would shorting be less risky.

I suggest covering all shorts profits now. The pain is going to begin. Just like in 2002 and 82. peopel have not forgotten about stocks. The funsds see value and they will buy accordingly as indicated by the volume.

2. The volume of almost all ETFs have gone up over time as many mutual fund holders are shifting over to them. Your reasoning is sound but I think the volume of markets should be looked at instead of ETFs that emulate them.

3. the volume is up on everything; the ETFs and the futures contracts.

yup the market is up huge today..dow up 6% ..this possble because of the symetry law. I hope you folks covered.

4. market surging yet again

as I said b4 according to the symetry law, high volume means a v shaped stock market recovery is possible. Doesn't mean it will happen, but as long as volume remains at record levels, it is possible.

dow 14K soon

the markets have surged 9% since I made this post and the upside will only continue because I know how stocks and economics work.

the economy is as strong now as it was back in June 2007 b4 this fake crisis and mental recession. nothing has changed. I'm serious.

5. Translation: Public stupidity at all time highs.

Dow 14k soon?
    Not so, will take some years.